Had a sore throat and notice small red bumps in the back of my mouth

Posted , 23 users are following.

So I had a sore threat around 7 days ago (got a cough afterwards, and a slight cold) and I checked my throat in the mirror with a light and i noticed small red bumps at the back of my mouth. This was the first time i've ever actually looked at my throat when sick so I don't know if this is a normal occurance. My sore throat has been gone for 3 days now, and I only cough a bit at night now, i'm mostly fine already just the lingering cough and very slightly runny nose but the red bumps are still there. I don't know if this is caused by the sickness or if I already had these before hand. Any idea what these are? 

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your throat looks very similar to what I'm going through now with mine?  Any updates on this.  How are you doing?

• Posted

HI EVERYONE i had the exact same problem however since ive drank plenty of water (about 2 pints a day, one in morning one just before bed) it has gone down and i only have slight slithers of spots HOPE I HELP!

• Posted

about 3 weeks ago I swallowed a potato chip wrong and it scratched the back of my throat I looked in the mirror saw a small red bump where my tonsil used to be . went to the doctor he did a strep test no strep throat he said it was viral two weeks later go back to him he said it's an ulcer. Then I go to the dentist a week later he said it is a piece of my tonsil growing back he asked when I had my tonsils removed and I said I was about 5 which was over 50 years ago and he said that happens.

• Posted

hey plz plz plz help me

I got diagnosed with pharyngitis almost a couple months ago

on the first few days of infection about 20 small red white bumps and lining appeared on back of my throat.

I felt like something is stuck in my mouth and cough, doc treated me with sultimicilin Amoxycillin and said it is due to post nasal drip. he recommend steaming with vapour capsules. my course is completed every symptoms is gone now. but those 20 bumps and linings are still present there. I'm very worried about those things. plz help me.. anyone plzzz

• Posted

I have the same thing, have you figured out what it is?

• Edited

i have red bumps on my throat and my tonsils had white on them but theyre going down now . im scared i dont know what it is anyone have any ideas what it could be ? ![image]

• Edited

Can someone help me figure out what this could be? I believe I have post nasal drip because I fit all of the symptoms, but I noticed these red bumps on the back and sides of my throat yesterday. I am getting super stressed out as to what they may be

• Posted

hey did you find out what this was? i have the exact same thing

• Posted

hey did you figure out what the issue was or what caused it ??

• Edited

hey did you figure out what the issue was or what caused it ?? my throat looks exactly like this!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.