had anterior and posterior 2wks ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi ladies,

had anterior and posterior repair 2wks ago keep getting constipation taking laxatives daily which help, get stomach pains which could be bacause of doin to much.... in my eyes it is not  much at all but knowing we have to rest im not use to doin next to nothing, the swelling on the outside of my vagina has gone down and pain easing, but now feeling sensations inside  which i never felt before .... as if the prolapse has come bk but it must be the swelling inside im feeling now .... is anyone else feeling this too

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Naughty girl, consider yourself reprimanded! Lol

It  does take time for the anaesthetic to actually get out of the system and could be that you are feeling the stitches tightening. But you really shouldnt be doing anything more than a gentle stroll at this early stage. Hard i know ive been there, but for the best possible repair job its what we all need to do---- Rest and make the most of it. Lets face it, us ladies often do at least the work of four every day.

• Posted

its been 16 days now since opp lisa still get slight pains in stomach and feel lathargic some days even when u feel u have not done much .... thanx to your reply ill try and be good ... but seriously i am not doin a great deal how long or when do we start doin more
    • Posted

h lisa just read what you put about goin to the supermarket .. good i dea i told my partner and he said no way am i pushing u lol but he will lol im goin to work on him for tomoro he he ill let u no how it goes
    • Posted

Some have motorised wheels but think unless you are used to using one they will only offer a pusher but at least it gets you out! And if you do you will see what i mean about being on the other side. My daughter and i laughed so much all the way round and be warned it might take you just a bit longer than your normal shop time!    You'll see lol
    • Posted

i went out the other day with my son and he got everything i pointed at lol he was very good that was just the local shop so to actually get out will be nice and as its so nice this wkend i want to get out and stretch my legs ... how you doin are things getting easier for you
    • Posted

Me im six months post op now and back to doing all the things i know im not allowed to ! Lol moving furniture, pot plants etc etc and no more stress incontinence hoob...ray
    • Posted

Hi lisa ... did you struggle with constipation im 17 days past post opp and still taking laxatives is this normal to still struggle with this and im hoping it will get easier it makes me feel anxious as you cant push but its hurts lol sorry funny question
    • Posted

Still early days for you yet. If it feels more comfortable using them then do. You still have stitches so that might be making it uncomfortable. Would suggest you wean off gradually to get your body more used to doing things for itself rather than just deciding to completely stop in one hit.

some people seem to go back to their pre-op bm really soon but others it takes longer from what ive read on here in the past.

look at the Canadian lady doing all that physical stuff within weeks of her op----- no way would we have been advised to do that!  I read somewhere that we should never expect to lift more than the weight of about 4 cans of beans in one go! Yeah right! Like us women can use that regime for the rest of our lives.

• Posted

do u think it is the stitched inside that hurt or both inside and out but i guess when there fully disolved will things still be abit tender
    • Posted

Depends on what you mean by hurt really, have you tried paracetamol/ ibuprofen? Does it make pain go? Is it just when you need bm or always?
    • Posted

i dont take paracetamol anymore i get pain when i over do it in my tummy but when goin toilet bm i get pain
    • Posted

What laxatives 

sometimes its worth changing to a different one

• Posted

i take senakot i did try movacol which were ok but i suffer from migrain and i had 4 in less than i wk of using them so i stopped and used senakot
    • Posted

I know it can be expensive experimenting so how about a suppository, they can be a bit brutal and quick working for some, but you can often get them from £shops. They obviously dont have to go through the system in the same way as tablets or liquid
    • Posted

i bought a more stronger senakot and just seeing how i get on with that ... if not then ill give my gp a ring as i no there is laxochiose i think thats how u spell it lol with it being a liquid form like treakle its to strong for my tummy and hurts it ... im not doin very well am i but still trying lol thanx for the advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.