had anterior and posterior 2wks ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi ladies,

had anterior and posterior repair 2wks ago keep getting constipation taking laxatives daily which help, get stomach pains which could be bacause of doin to much.... in my eyes it is not  much at all but knowing we have to rest im not use to doin next to nothing, the swelling on the outside of my vagina has gone down and pain easing, but now feeling sensations inside  which i never felt before .... as if the prolapse has come bk but it must be the swelling inside im feeling now .... is anyone else feeling this too

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It is so hard to rest when you have a very busy job. I am usually a teacher and now 3 days post op and finding resting very hard but I know it's important. Any suggestions?
    • Posted

When i had my surgery i made two tapestry cushions as a reminder of my 'confinement'. Loads of reading and trashy afternoon tv! And yes i did get stir crazy enough after ten days so got my daughter to take me to the supermarket and used one of their wheelchairs to supervise the shopping, that was an experience in itself, talk about seeing from the other side of the fence!

lack of execise in any form is not good for us but unfortunately its grin and bear it time at least for a few months. After a couple of weeks i was managing to walk round the block, but at first i certainly knew id done it.

do you have any hobbies which you have done in the past which involve being just being sat on your backside? Knitting, reading etc or perhaps its a chance to take up a new, if only temporary pastime if you can get someone to get the necessary things for you.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I do sew so I have started to make a graanmas garden quilt. I think I have done too much today and went for a walk. I thought  I was doing well but have just discovered fresh blood after visiting the loo. What do I do? It scared me! 

Any advice please?

• Posted

hi jane i work for myself and have taken time off now till january altho i no some people do go bk work sooner but im a domestic cleaner for living so took that much time off to fully repair .... when are you goin bk to work jane ... i have a very nice mother in law coming round daily to help and a very good bf who is doin a great job too have you got good support x
    • Posted

Hi Jacky, I am a headteacher and so am used to working 100 miles an hour. Not used to being sofa bound. 
    • Posted

My husband has been brilliant so far but I have a feeling the novelty is wearing off. He does everything for me but has trouble with the sympathy bit. I suppose this is good in a way but sometimes it's hard.
    • Posted

DONT PANIC

You just have to remember that for any distance you walk you have to do exactly the same on the way back! Lol

its still early days and fresh blood can happen as long as its not loads and loads

i had some bleeding after each of my early stitches broke away and was quite freaked until i noticed this black string like stuff on a tissue.

unfortunately we all think we can do more than we should but it is a time of rest rest rest

• Posted

hi jane ... just rest now for rest of day and tomoro just take it easy
    • Posted

yes i can only imagine how hard it must be to have to rest as much as this knowing how busy you are usually ... glad your hubby is supporting you
  • Posted

Hi I'm having my op in two weeks time!?hysterectomy plus repairs and sacro spinous fixation and was told to have 8weeks off of driving and work!!i shall go stir crazy so getting myself an adult colouring book plus puzzles,I love them and never have time to do them !!
    • Posted

what a great time to start and keep ocupied lol but do nothing else lol im sure you will be fine
  • Posted

Hi Jackie,

It would appear activity is very much "country" oriented.  I am Canadian.  My one huge constraint was not lifting anything over 10 lbs for 6 weeks.  I was very careful with this part - I had scales in the trunk of my car.  One week post hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs, I started the recommended walking regiment.  I walked to the top of my laneway (straight up the side of a small mountain) and to my next door neighbour - about 100 feet and back home - for a nap.  I am in a rural area.  Each day, I increased the length I walked.  It wasn't easy the first couple of days, but after 4 days, I was doing one end of the road to the other.   After two weeks, I was back to my pre-op 3-4 miles daily.

Together with the stool softeners and the occasional mild laxative (Senokot-S), this took care of constipation.  It also allowed me to be given permission to drive in my rural area to my nearest town (11 miles away) and do some shopping on my own during daylight hours at the two week mark..  By 3 weeks, I was given permission to drive anywhere, anytime.  I returned to my desk job after 4 weeks after my first check-up with my surgeon.

I am 71 years old.  I have had issues with constipation (I really believe we ALL do); with leaking for about 5 weeks; with swollen tummy (still not totally OK after two months) and with blood in urine which turned out to be "just one of those things not to worry about".  I willl have a non-urgent cystocopy to confirm this  (this means some time in 2016).  That too is gone.  After my six week check up, I was allowed to return to all my pre-op activities.  I cut my own grass (1/2 acre) and am back to full care-giving for my disabled husband.  I was also back to full duties at work which includes maintenance and some heavy work.

I have not felt this well in a couple of years.  Thank heavens for this surgery.

British women are treated much more carefully and not allowed to do this much I don't think.  My uro-gynacologist has told me that I am a fast healer.  Mercifuly because if I had had to sit around for months, I have would gone totally bananas - how many Sudokus can you do and how much television can you watch. 

I know I felt strange sensations on a number of occasions during the first six weeks but I really didn't have time to think about them.  My biggest change was sleeping 8-9 hours a night instead of my usual 6 1/2 to 7 hours a night.  I am back to normal now.

I am just telling you all this as encouragement.  No matter where you are, you need to do what your surgeon tells you to.  We are all different and not all surgeries are the same even if they are described with the same words.  And we don't all heal the same way. 

But if you are feeling well enough to feel really bored, I would ask what I could do to keep busy and not do any damage.

Remember, we are here to offer our support for what you are going through - we have all been there, done that.

Hope this helps.

Nickie

• Posted

my you are a very fit lady id be scared to do all that but obviously was ok for you ..... i still feel as tho i have a prolapse but must be the swelling and stiches of the inside .. its still all very tender but getting better day ny day thanx for your reply and best of luck to you x
    • Posted

Hi Jackie,

You are right that I am fit.  I was before the operation and I am back to my normal self now.  But that was not the case two weeks post surgery. I followed surgeon's orders re activities and walking and not to lift anything over 10 lbs for six weeks. 

My daughter stayed with us for those first two weeks and did all the chores while I rested.  I was only allowed to walk a short distance and remembered I had to got back!  I just went a little further each day.  I only started walking outside 10 days post surgery. 

Once daughter went home to her family, I slowly worked up to what had to be done.  I was given the go ahead at two weeks to drive in my rural area so did groceries and errands (they put it in the car but I had to get it out).  My hubby is disabled so I had to make many trips with 10 lbs of groceries from car to house.  It took longer to do this than actually drive the 11 miles to town, do groceries and come home.  Sometimes in weeks 3 to 6, it took a few hours to get this done - everything in moderation.

I felt nothing on the inside but I did have dissolving stitches. I still have some very slight swelling in the tummy area and will have up to 6 months according to surgeon.

I am just mentioning all this so you know there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.  So feel better soon and the best of luck to you as well.

Nickie

• Posted

thanx for your reply well its nice to no  were not alone as this is a very sensitive subject but nice to no we have this blog to look upon and ask advice from others. sometimes can be embarrassing  asking these questions but all being ladies and gone thro simalar opps it doesnt seem to bad .....
    • Posted

Hi Jackie,

We have all been there done that.  It's the only place that we are comfortable discussing our triumphs and defeats concerning bowel movements.  It was embarrassing at first until I realized we were all going through the same "stuff" - just at different times. 

This site saved my sanity in the first 3-4 weeks post-op.  I still am eternally grateful for all the encouragement I got which helped so much.  I think we all feel that way - and you will too in the future.  That's why I am trying to "pay it forward".

Nickie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.