had anterior and posterior 2wks ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi ladies,

had anterior and posterior repair 2wks ago keep getting constipation taking laxatives daily which help, get stomach pains which could be bacause of doin to much.... in my eyes it is not  much at all but knowing we have to rest im not use to doin next to nothing, the swelling on the outside of my vagina has gone down and pain easing, but now feeling sensations inside  which i never felt before .... as if the prolapse has come bk but it must be the swelling inside im feeling now .... is anyone else feeling this too

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jackie I'm new to this so bear with me I'm going in hospital next Monday for a posteria vaginal prolapse repair a little nervous Iv opted for a spinal anessetic & just wondered if u can give me any advice I'm 54 yrs old sad 
    • Posted

hi there deb, im 51 so  bout same age .... i was very nervous knowning i was havin both prolapses done my most fear was havin had operations in past and always suffered with constipation and knowing you cant push or anything after surgery was worrying for me ... now 18 days after opp and all is well my bowels are still not bk to normal as still using laxatives.....it is controlling things and i do get the erge to push but i breath thro it like child birth lol .....the after pain of the opp is like having a baby stitches inside and out just take the medication ... after bout 10 days things did start settling down as in the pain but everything was no where as bad as i was thinking so please try not to worry to much ... the nurses are brill and cant do enuf for you i was in 2 nights and glad to get home just stick to the rules and do nothing for a while i have my mother in law comig round daily to help with things i make my own coffees and food now as in a sandwich nothing to much or heavy  but do let others help the more you rest the best it heals and not havin a reacurance of the prolaspse  hope this helps but glad to answer any more questions
    • Posted

i was put to sleep so was woken to beable to feel things like my legs lol but they do give you lots of pain relief during surgery, so was very comfortable when woken but pain does kick in after a while but pain relif does keep pain at bay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.