Had endoscopy and all normal what next??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I had my endoscopy yesterday and must say I worried myself sick!! I opted for the sedation which didn't work so I felt everything but it was no where near as bad as I imagined. I gagged a few times and it was over in 5mins!!

However my results have come back clear which is confusing as the reflux is bad. They did take biopsies and I have to wait on the results of those but everything seemed normal.

What will the next steps be?

I am overweight so could this be causing it, on notes I have been referred back to my doctor and they above suggested lifestyle change followed by adding ranitidine as another medication I am already on 80mg of esomprazole.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thank you

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For me the fundoplication was th ebest thing I ever did. It gave me my life back.

I had been offered it in 1999 but it would have been open surgery and I was too scared.

8 years ago, at the age of 59, I was begging for it. 80mg omeprazole for a few years had rendered me anaemic unable to walk 50 yards without getting out of breath. And they did nothing for the cough.

The operation was straightfroward. Off all meds. Soft food diet for a week or so. No pain - just bruising. Gradually exercising more each day until within a few weeks cycling 20 - 30 miles every morning before breakfast. And negligible cough.

• Posted

So how is the surgery performed now. Are you saying it is not open? Gosh that would be great. How do you get diagnosed for the regurgitatin? I mean the ENT's only tell you yes you have silent reflux and stick you with more meds. that doesnt help.
    • Posted

Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication is keyhole surgery. It takes about an hour using 5 small incissions which heal quickly leaving fairly imperceptble, or even invisible, scars. It's usual to remain in hospital overnight and be discharged the next day.
    • Posted

Off meds. ENT issues solved. Energy resumed. Totally life changing.

In short, answer to questionL YES!

• Posted

I didnt know LPR zapped you of energy. Now I know reason somedays i cannot drg myself. Lots of anxiety too. plus doesnt help I have an autoimmune disease called Polymyalgia Rhuematica. and on Prenisone. Im in a bit of a pickle... sad
  • Posted

Going to ENT's that are suppose to specialize in this. What are questions good for the doctor from me.?  I think it gave me Pneumonia back in May Pneumonia wasnt very bad as per doctor but I coughed like crazy and the mucous was awful Sorry to gross you out.
  • Posted

Sounds like you are a winner. Good for you. Hope I get some helpful news tomorrow. Thanks for your answer and information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.