Had laser and stent removal and in pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

1. > had right side kidney stones lasered** and stent put in for 2 weeks then only 4 days ago went in to remove and just laser the few i had on other side left kidney! i stayed over night and was given endone but didnt have much pain at all.

now today 4 days post i went to the shops came home with really bad right higher kidney pain, no blood! did i do to much? anyone have any feedback

ill call surgeon tomorrow

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello ive had several laser surgeries and stent removals. You definitely need to rest up more. One of my removals resulted in chronic pain during the drive home afterwards. The colic returned and i desperately needed VOLTAROL suppository to calm it. (diclofenac sodium).

Call your doctor for advice but definitely do take some rest and don't do too much at first.

Good Luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Angela

• Posted

Let me tell you my own experience.

Had keyhole surgery for kidney stones last year.

In hospital for a week and had catheter and stent.

Catheter in for a few days and stent in for a week.

They tried 2 or 3 times to take stent out after first few days to see if I could manage without it.

Twice they had to put it back in until they finally took it out for good when it had been in a week.

I had excrutiating stomach ache on 2nd or 3rd day while catheter was still in.

Like pain you get with constipation.

Pleased to say I am now fine and am not expected to have any more problems.

My guess is you may have done too much too soon.

Praying for you.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xx

• Posted

Trish, am not sure if your surgeon explained to you the entire essence of the laser procedure. What they do is to break larger stones into smaller bits and pieces which can easily be flashed out of your system. Sometimes these pieces get stuck in your urethra and hence causing painful sensations and even inflammation. I would suggest you increase your intake of water, drink a lot of fluids, juices and beer actually. Beer really helps ))))

You might also want to consider taking vitamins and supplements to help cleanse your system, kidneys, bladder from any remaining stones, infections and inflammations.

I hope this helps ))) be safe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.