Had my hydrocele operated.Everything is very fine now.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Had hydrocele since last 7 to 8 years.Now I'm 21 years old.I was afraid of the surgery so kept on postponing it and i was in search of other solutions but nothing worked at all...may be I didn't search enough.. But at last, I thought surgery is the only choice and the only solution. Read so many articles online and I was so scared to undergo this...and a strange friend had posted an article in this blog... I asked him my doubts. He told it's a simple surgery and there is nothing to worry about it and boosted me up...Finally, I had undergone the surgery, had no complications, no pain,had a little swelling and even it disappeared after few days...now the scrotal skin is a bit swollen there and one more thing I had seen is that my surgeon had stitched my testicle to the scrotal sac.But he didn't tell me that.i read that they do this to avoid testicular torsion. It's been two months since I had the surgery. Now I'm very fine and happy for getting the surgery done but the testicular position is at the top of the scrotum... Will it go down and hang loose?Thanks.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Slightly, with the time. My dropped a bit down and I am okay with that. No need to worry. You will be fine and forget about it as never happened.
    • Posted

After dropping down,will it still appear and feel unusual? Or will it look normal and fine?My whole doubt is how it's going to appear after recovering completely(i mean after hanging down to its maximum)? Thanks.

• Posted

It will feel completely normal. As you know, normally one testicle is slightly lower than the other. You won't feel any difference. Sex first few times, you might feel it as little high and tight but after 2 months you won't even feel that is afixed to your scrotal wall. Enjoy your life.

• Posted

Thanks a lot bro!Your words made me damn relaxed and happy!You too enjoy your life to it's max!Have a great and happy life ahead! Thanks.

• Posted

Thanks for info. I had my surgery 12 days ago. It is the size of a very large egg and almost as big as before the surgery. But I also have the problem that it feels like the testicle is stitched to the sac. So how did it end up? Do you still fell that it is stitched to the sac?
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply brother.I talked to my surgeon...he said,He didnt attach it to my scrotal skin at all....They do this only when Torsion happens.
    • Posted

Okay, but does the testicle get to hang low after some time? I had my surgery 4 months ago but it still doesn't get to hang low. 

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply bro.It wont drop too low...but it will stay slightly above the other one.and most of the time,it will be rigid and close to the penis.we gotta adjust with that keeping in mind the pre surgery condition of it.lol.How low is your testicle hanging now?

• Posted

Yes the surgeon also told me that it is not attached to the sac. It has been six months since surgery and still swollen a bit (like a egg) and does hang really low. Like you say, it does not hang too low and mostly close to the penis. I guess we just have to live with it. I try not to think about it anymore. 
    • Posted

Don't worry much about it bro...we'll forget it...yours look swollen may be because he didn't cut the extra sac which is covering the testicle inside the scrotum,he just stitched the complete sac behind your testicle.Mine,the doc did sub-total excision.In which a majority of the sac is cut and attatched the remaining behind the testicle.Either way,nothing to worry.If yours isn't paining,forget it...Everything is fine.CHILL!cool

• Posted

I will have the surgery in a few weeks time. Im so worried. My doctor recommends local anesthesia instead of general.
    • Posted

I did the surgery in lokal too, but it was my own wish and I could have chosen general if I wanted. It hurts a bit. I think general is scary so I would rather have a bit pain.
    • Posted

so How long did it take you to heal? Could u walk next day? The doctor says Its gonna take 30 minutes. How long did it take for you?
    • Posted

Hey...I'm so sorry for very late reply.Local anesthesia is ok...Even I got Local Anesthesia..You wont feel anything.You'll just keep hearing the sounds.they'll cover your eyes..you will even sense the smell of your skin being cut with a hot knife...But,you'll FEEL absolutely NOTHING!Don't be afraid of it.Thanks.

• Posted

Forgot to ask you...Is your surgery over?as I'm replying 25 days after,I'm getting this doubt....lol

• Posted

Hiya, its not done yet. Its gonna be in 5 days. Many Thanks for your reply. I will let you know how it went.
    • Posted

Chill brother....!ALL THE BEST for your surgery....Everything will be ABSOLUTELY FINE and PERFECT.So don't worry.Enjoy your time.But after my surgery,I was shifted to ICU.There my whole back started paining like hell as I could not move for nearly 9 to 10 hours.And next,the shivering part.While I was put in the A/C(ICU),my body started shivering as my lower half of the body was recovering from anesthesia slowly....And for the first time,urinating will be a bit difficult...It won't be painful but difficult...You have to pressurise....I'm telling you all these because,you won't be surprised when you start experiencing all these like me....And lastly,the post operation size of your testicle will depend on your pre-op size of your testicle.If your hydrocele is very small,then you won't find much difference after the operation.ALL THE BEST once again bro!

• Posted

Thanks man, I am hoping that everything goes smoothly. Its size of a large egg on my left. How long did you feel any uncomfortable feelings during walking or sitting?
    • Posted

Within 3 to 4 days,a lot of discomfort feeling will go away but a slight pulling like feeling will be present....Within a week or 10 days you'll be free from almost all the discomfort feeling.So ALL THE BEST for your surgery bro!

• Posted

Its done. I should not have been affraid like I was. Basically, the first few hours were unconfortable, I felt like I was hit on my balls, but it went away in a couple hours. Took stronger painkillers after surgery, yesterday I had to take only one, and today paracetamol only. During the surgey, I had some pain, but not that bad so the local was OK. I will post some updates shortly. Thanks for all the previous infos bro!
    • Posted

Robert, I would never had plumped for a local, had a general 3 times each time it was no problem and I felt relaxed on recovery, I had it drained previously at the local doctors and that was very uncomfortable. No pain at all or after effects with a general.
    • Posted

Sorry for the late reply brother. I got done under LA too.Is everything normal now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.