Had pip assessment Waiting decision

Posted , 58 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new here..I'm claiming PIP as I can't work due to my bipolar,I had the ATOS assessment a month ago and a text from DWP a week ago to say they have all they need and are making a decision,I have been beside myself with worry,anybody assure me at all that it won't be much longer?

Thank you

6 likes, 233 replies

233 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Took two weeks for my desicion after assesment x
    • Posted

Thanks Dawn,I wonder if it's to do with certain areas?

Hope mines as quick..that would leave days ..

• Posted

Sorry finger slipped lol its horrible waiting ive put in a change of circumstance form cus my conditions worse so i may have to go through it all over again sad
    • Posted

Unfortunately that is how PIP works. For every improvement or deterioration in your health you have to notify them which results in the claim starting from the beginning every time.This is in addition to the reviews that the DWP demand at regular intervals.

Is it any wonder why I opted out in the transfer from DLA to PIP. No amount of money could compensate me for all of that stress.

• Posted

Hi Tracy don't worry it won't be long, it takes around a month for the appointment to come through and if you live in the area of where your dwp is located they come to your home. I've already had one cancellation from them and they weren't very forthcoming with that but if they carry on messing me about I'll cancel on them. Lol, don't worry you'll get a reply soon. Good luck on your assessment. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Kazbot74

I have actually had my assessment and am awaiting a decision on my claim now, thankyou for the kind words.

I'm still a mess,I called DWP again today and they informed me that it's down as a priority and with the decision maker as we speak,BUT..I can expect a decision in about 2-3 weeks! Surely it won't be that long🤔🙄

• Posted

Have you not suggested to the DWP that as you are given a strict 4 weeks to lodge a claim, should they not also do the same when making an award?

• Posted

I reported a change of change of circumstance 3 weeks ago and have my new assesment this week the 22nd im bricking it but luckly its early morning 9am

I have sent all evidence in and was told by someone else to show the assesor my medical report as they dont get to see it and they only write down what they see at the assesment.

Its nerve wracking what they put you through but i guess its what they have to do.

I used to be able to walk from one house to another but now i can only walk 3 steps before falling x

• Posted

What the assessor is supposed to do is generally a far cry from what they actually do. They cut corners because of the limited amount of time they have before the next appointment.

With that in mind it is regularly said that they are not interested in any documentation that you hand over. They should read every report as soon as you give it to them.

It has been known for assessors to have completed the DWP report even before you step into the room and they only go through the motions because they have to.

Likewise with evidence that you send in with the PIP2 form, They are supposed to read it and if needed get independent reports from the people that you mention on the form. The idea of a face to face is something that is a last resort and the only way that they can complete the report.

Having an appointment at 9am is something that normally an ordinary healthy person could do. I don't claim PIP yet the way my drugs affect me and the length of time it would take me to get ready never mind get myself there having an appointment at that time is way beyond my capabilities.

With so many obstacles that are put in the way of the claimant I am surprised that there aren't more claimants that just don't bother claiming PIP - the whole PIP system terrifies me and I was one that had DLA (High Mobility & Middle Care) for nearly 20 years but refused to transfer over to PIP.

Good luck - it's a just a question of the luck of a draw. 

• Posted

I can assure you les59996 i am not an ordinary healthy person i get up every 2 hrs because i cant sleep because of pain so i am usually dressed thanks to my carer and at least had my first lot of meds i still cant walk and so i usually sit all day so i am far from an ordinary healthy person if i was healthy i wouldnt be claiming pip in the first place
    • Posted

I was only pointing out that generally anybody that is able to go to a PIP face to face examination and be there at 9am after travelling for up to 90mins to get there will have difficulties with the assessor unless they can explain fully how it was possible like you said.

Of all of the people that I know that claim PIP or DLA,  I don't know any that would be in any fit state to have the examination at that time. For a start they would have to be up by 6am, have breakfast, wash, dress and be on the bus by 7.30am.

• Posted

Hi les59996 just had assesment and i actually fell while trying to walk. She wouldnt take the evidence says shes not allowed to but she says dwp will notify me in 4-6 weeks time x
    • Posted

What a load of b******. Their rulebook tells them that they have to take the evidence off you and at worst consider it AFTER the assessment and you have left and BEFORE they complete and finalise the report.

What happened to you does not surprise me at all. They get paid by the number of assessments carried out in a day. If they were to sit there at the assessment and read the evidence - gues what - they will lose money.

So the easiest option is to tell the claimant that they are allowed to take the evidence off you - presumably suggesting that it should be sent to the DWP. In which case it is highly unlikely that the Decision Maker will will ever see it!

This is taken from the assessors rule book as published by the DWP.

2.3.10. If a claimant brings further evidence to a face-to-face consultation, the HP should take a copy of it and take it into account when completing their assessment report. A copy of the evidence should also be sent to the Case Manager with the completed report (see 2.7.26 for details of taking further evidence while undertaking a home visit). 

• Posted

Mine was a home visit luckily i sent all evidence to pip along with my form. I told the lady that this was a change of circumstances and she said you might find they will stop your claim all together as they dont always find in favour of a claim for a change of circumstance, as anyone else been refused for this
    • Posted

As my pip assesment was for a change of circumstances e.g my condition has got worse, can they

1 stop my pip altogether

2 higher it or

3 take either one off me

• Posted

They can do any of the three plus a fourth - award a lower amount when they have make a new decision based on your application that your health has got worse.

All decision makers do not follow what was decided before. It is all down to how the new decision maker feels about your case.

It is totally acceptable to have say 6 decision makers who are asked to make a decision based on the same facts and evidence come up with 6 totally different views and decisions which from the DWP's point of view are all correct!!.It's the luck of the draw as to which decision maker you get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.