Haemmoroidectomy two days ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Prolapsed grade 4 ulcerated haemmoroids

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How are you doing, Im 3 weeks out now, had 4 grade 4 haemmoroids and a skin tags removed.  Still in pain after going to the toilet, but coping with the pain now.  Going back to work next week.  Work cn a checkout so sitting there for hours was a no no. hope you are ok.
    • Posted

Hi Shirl. I'm feeling very uncomfortable but managed a long bath today to hopefully encourage first BM. How long was it before you went? Was it dreadful?
  • Posted

Yes very uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks, it does get better, Had first bm after 2 day, never felt anything so painful as that, went straight in the bath afterwards, try and keep motions a soft as possible and try and go every day it will hurt but it's get better. You will probably bleed as well.  As I said nearly 3 weeks still hurts but it's improving every day. 
    • Posted

Should I be worried that I had my op on Thursday morning and here I am on Saturday evening and I haven't been yet??

I've just tried a sitz bath and used a stool to try a more squatting position.

The worst thing is that I've not been given any instructions re meds etc. Just told to buy stuff over the counter!

What did you do to keep stools soft??

Consultant couldn't do everything on Friday as it would be too dangerous. I've got to have another haemmoroidectomy once I'm over this one!!!

• Posted

Mirilax! Don't let it get to my point, it took me 9 days to finally have a complete bowel movement (started Mirilax after 7 days). I had to go so bad I couldn't walk because my ass was involunatirly spasming needing to go but I was too backed up.
  • Posted

I would not be worried about not going as long a your stools are soft when you go.  I was given lactolose and just paracetamol, ibuprofen  and some antibiotics to from the hospital.  The pain killer were not working so my gp gave me co codamol, I also had some tramadol in the cupboard, I did not take the co codamol as that can make you constipated. I took the lactose and also some dolcolax to, you will go and it's will be very runny to.  Make sure you have the bath ready to so you can jump straight in. Also I had the sitz bath I no it sound gross but fill that with warm water and go it that to. That help me, it going to be painful what ever you do.  Just remember it does get better,. Why have you got to have another op, feel for you.  Also the gp can give you some cream to easy the itching and pain that you will get as it start to heal.
    • Posted

Thanks for coming back to me and sharing your experience. I think I'll take some Magnesium Hydroxide and go to bed. I'm hoping it will work overnight!

The Consultant said there wasn't enough skin for everything to heal if he attempted to remove all the haemmoroids and tags. He was concerned about narrowing too. Sounded like a wise decision even though I shall be terrified to put myself through it again!!!

Thanks again for your support. Night night

• Posted

Your more than welcome, any time, it not a topic of general conversation, and if you not been through it you might not understand how painful it is.  Good luck in your recovery and hope the next one go well to.  If you want a chat anytime just message on here.
    • Posted

So miserable! Another short painful night. Bowels trying to open. Scared to death to strain. Feels like I'm going to be ripped apart. Used the sitz bath and now sat on doughnut having taken two tramadol in the hopes the pain will go away. !
    • Posted

I am so sorry! I remember that pain very well. I cut out all solid food for a good 2 weeks. Lived on protein drinks and jello. Maybe you should call and ask for something that is stronger for the pain. I have a high tolerance to pain meds, do it takes a lot to help my pain. Not suite what they gave you. I am having surgery again in Dec and I an terrified of the pain and not being Able to control it. There were A.D. free things I remember doing last time that kinda helped when I had a bm. One I did out in the sitz bath, I know it sounds gross but it did help. And breathing when i did have a bm, fast breathing to help it not come out so fast. Good luck and it does it better
  • Posted

hi I had stapling done in July of this year. And now I need to get external removed. I am seeing the surgeon on the 15th Stu see what needs to be done. I an just a little bad I have to do this. But I understand why, my hemis before I had the stapling were so bad, she couldn't even fit them on in the speculum. She thought the ones I have now works have shrunk, but they haven't. I probably could live with them but I know they will only get worse. And I have met all of my out of pocket cost for my insurance so everything will be free. I guess I'm wondering if pain will be the same as the stapling compared to them getting cut off there now like the size about three grapes.
    • Posted

It's such a hard decision isn't it especially when you know what it's going to be like to have it done and also what it could be like if you don't! I'm trying to stay in the, "it'll be worth it in the end camp".
    • Posted

If you had them bad before surgery trust me it will be worth it. i remember there were times when I was on the toilet and thought I was thing to die. And I tonight to myself what have I done. It took me a good month a half to feel normal again.
  • Posted

Feel your pain,  I no it's unavoidable but try not to strain to much, might be a bit of a struggle to get the first bit out but once that gone shouldn't be to bad.    Drink lots of water to that also help to keep bm loose. Just remember it's going to hurt what ever you do,.  The first week I took pain killers regularly, even when I was not in pain, It helps to build up a tolerance to the pain if you do.  Good luck will be thinking of you. Just remember it will be worth it not there yet but I can see the end of the tunnel after 3 weeks.
    • Posted

Oh Shirl, I'm feeling so miserable. Desperately trying not to strain but whatever I do it hurts and nothing is happening. Scared I'll get constipated. Had another 20ml of magnesium hydroxide earlier to give everything some encouragement. Eaten some very loose porridge and taken pain killers. Thanks for your words of advice!
    • Posted

Thanks jmehas4. I'm sure it will all be ok in the end.! Kind of you to contact me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.