Haemmoroidectomy two days ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Prolapsed grade 4 ulcerated haemmoroids

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I swear by dolcolax, liquid or tablets you will go within 6 - 8 hours after taking it. Some times sooner, Can give you a bit of discomfort but works. Hope you get some releif soon
    • Posted

Well I've been. It was truly dreadful. The burning sensation and feeling of broken glass passing through me had me feeling so faint and hot, I had to strip off and grab a bucket. What a truly ghastly feeling. It was even worse because just as everything started to settle I had the urge to go again! Going through it twice was just too much!
  • Posted

I no exactly what you mean, there no way to discribe it, and it painful for hours afterwards to.  Least you been now, this will last for a couple of weeks so prepare yourself, there no way around it.  It does get better, I'm still taking the laxative, but its bearable now.  Still hurt but no where as bad as it was to start with.
    • Posted

Been a further three times this evening. Now feeling very very miserable. Taking the painkillers that make me feel sleepy in the hope of a good night.

So you're saying this pain is going to continue? Dreading that!

• Posted

Sorry to say yes but it will get better believe me.  I saw the practice nurse after a week, she said I was very bruised and swollen to and it would take time but everything was OK. I went cos I had stitches and they were hanging out.   They eventually fell of when the swelling went down.  Also I had a small bloody discharge which lasted for over 2 week. I hated going to the loo cos of the pain.  I also I found that when I needed to go, I needed to go there an then, so going out was a big no no for the first 2 week Please believe me it does get better, just make sure to keep the pain killer going so you get the Constance relief. I'm going back to work Tuesday, a bit scared cos I'm still in a bit of pain when I go to the toilet but got to do it sometime. I only do 5 hours but I'm a bit restricted as I work on a checkout and can't just get of when I need to. All the best and just remember I will get better.
    • Posted

Feel for you shirk having to go back to work tomorrow. I would be scared too. I know im only a few days out but if my body says I need to go, it doesn't ask when, I have to make a quick escape. In fact I generally need to go ten to twenty minutes after the first time and that is definitely go go go.

Feel sorry for the lady who has to have second op. I need to do the same and in terrified at having to go through it again. You would never choose to, but it's probably worth it once and for all.

• Posted

I would be scared to, I hoping I don't need another op to. Got a 12 weeks after appointment to see consultant. Will find out then.  
    • Posted

I'll be terrified! I was disappointed when he told me he could only do half but understood his reasoning. Are you enjoying your last day at home before going back to work? Are you anxious about going to work?
  • Posted

Not looking foward to work tomorrow, I made sure I had a bm today still sore  but got to do it. I normally go every other day so hopefully won't want to go tomorrow,  hope you are having a good day.
    • Posted

Sounds like a plan for tomorrow. You don't want to be worried by things you can avoid. Today's not been great for me. I've felt low, lonely and in pain all day.
  • Posted

I no what you mean, being stuck in door is lonely, wanting to do thing but can't cos of the pain and worried about if you need to go to the loo.  I only went out once in the first 2 weeks.  Well I hope you get a good night sleep and the pain start to ease soon, I no it will. I here if you want a chat.
    • Posted

Hi shirl how has work been? I hope it hasn't taken too much out of you.
  • Posted

Not to bad, struggled with the sitting down for to long but coped, not sure why but I've been quiet shaky the last couple of day, got go appointment with gp on Monday. How have you been, getting there I hope.
    • Posted

I expect it's your body telling you to look after itself?

I've had a terrible couple of days. No BM and in pain. I think I made a huge mistake eating a chicken dinner!! Now scared to eat anything!

Night night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.