Haemmoroidectomy two days ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Prolapsed grade 4 ulcerated haemmoroids

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that, have you taken the dolcolax, it will def make you go but be prepared for the pain afterwards Still hurts when I go now but no where ear as bad as it was.  Your probably right my body telling me I'm doing to much.  Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Posted

I have been thinking of you both. I have my butt woot next week. I hate gassing appt. Ass
  • Posted

I have been thinking of you both. I have my butt woot next week. I hate having those ass in the air appt. Fing to talk about cutting pdf the rest. Bit I an so scared. I wonder how the pain difference it is compared to the stapling. Because that hurt like death.
  • Posted

Sorry to say but the pain to start with is horrendous, but the only good thing is it does improve slowly.  I'm coming up to 4 weeks, still have  pain when having a bm but don't need to jump straight into a bath afterwards, it's the throbbing that get me, I've returned to work but I sit on a check out and that's what happens, throbbing pain. But I can cope with it just.  Good luck in you op.
    • Posted

Are you still on pain meds? And what toe did you have. I have a high tolerance, do it takes a lot to help with the pain. So it really scares me to not get the pain management I will need to get through this.
  • Posted

You're right Shirl the throbbing is just terrible. Had BM! Yeah but oh my goodness the pain was so bad it made me violently sick. I feel so worn out by the lack of 'time out' from the constancy of it all.

Jmehas try not to worry. Make sure they give you plenty of pain meds. If they don't, like me, you can buy some good stuff over the counter as you know.

Shirl hope gp's appointment helps.

Have a good weekend

• Posted

What can you buy over the counter that is good, like Tylenol or Advil , those dint help me
  • Posted

Was just thinking about how your have been feeling, hope you feeling better!
  • Posted

4weeks today, feeling good, still got pain when having a bm but a million time better than after op.  Think I might still have a small pile or skin tag from the op as got a tiny hard lump outside, I think this is what hurt when I have a bm.  Don't see surgeon for another 8 week so hopefully it might resolve it self by then.  Glad I had it done now but not to start with, that was the most painful thing I had ever been through which including giving birth. How are you better I hope.
    • Posted

Hi to both of you

Pleased that things are getting better for you shirl. I'm amazed to hear that you're glad you had it done!!! I'm definitely not at that stage. I'm not feeling myself at all and the pain is still dreadful with bm, but definitely improving. I've actually left the house now (beit only briefly).

The thought of having the second op feels me with dread and I'm not sure if I could go through it again. Let's see how things are when I'm recovered.

I'm looking forward to the time when I don't have to think about sitting or going to the loo! Lol!

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're still struggling this far into it. now I have to remember what I'm going to get myself into I have an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon to talk about what needs to be done. I absolutely hate the exam it's so embarrassing. I'm hoping she will just let me have them get cut off so I can move on with my life

Jaime

• Posted

Shirl.. I am two weeks out from external surgery doing better but seem to still have a access skin from the stitch site. I was wondering did yours ever go down at all and how long did you have the stitches in? I appreciate your time just struggling as I'm scared the doctor didn't get them all...
  • Posted

well I went to my colorectal surgeon yesterday. had the horrible exam and she decided to remove my external hemorrhoids. I'm trying to get the surgery to be set for November 23rd. I'm excited but also freaking out because I know what that pain feels like. I'm not sure if the pain is different from the stapled procedure or if it's going to be more people getting them cut out. hope you later they're feeling even just a little bit better today

Jaime

• Posted

I couldn't guess as I haven't had stapling only banding and now a full haemmoroidectomy removing half my internal and external ones.

I feel for you but hopefully it won't be as bad as you're anticipating.

Worse way it will be over before Christmas and you can start the new year with it all behind you.

Here for you if you need to talk.

Have a great weekend .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.