Haemmoroidectomy two days ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Prolapsed grade 4 ulcerated haemmoroids

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

im sorry to say but yes it is very painful, I was in real pain for about three weeks especially having a bm, now I'm nearly 5 week the pain is much better but there is still pain when having a bm.  I think this is because I have a peas size lump externally which is painful to touch, I don't see my consultant to December which will be 3 months after op, trying to get a earlier one but seems impossible.  Hope you get your soon.
    • Posted

What kind of meds did you ladies have. I am so scared if the pain. I told her about my high tolerance to narcotics and how I am so scared nothing will help. Percocets 10 mg but it take like 3 of them at a time. I tried dilaudid and they did nothing at all. I don't know much about other poussinmeds might be better.
    • Posted

I had tramadol, diclofenic, paracetamol and ibuprofen.

I found sitz baths helped enormously with the pain and still do.

• Posted

I hadn't never heard of those meds. I am from the us, where are you from? I remember almost living on the sitz bath for a few weeks.
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

Hope you all feeling much better now. I've been reading and researching a lot in here which I found helpful.

I am having my second degree haemorrhoid remove as well as skin tags which is my main concern, next w

Eek.

I never bleed nor in pain, but the skin tag is bothers me.

I am wondering if it's worth the pain for me to go through ? Will my anus be like it was before?

I am really scared of the post opsad((

• Posted

All I can say is be prepare to be in pain for at least 6 weeks, you just got to remember it get better each day.  I had grade 4 piles with and external skin tag/polyp.  I'm now 10 weeks post op, The pain is all in the past now so please believe me it get better, I do have a problem still I have got a skin tag from the operation, I have seen the consultant since but he said just live with it, which I felt was harsh. I do find going for a bm hard as I don't get the feeling I want yo go, often, but when I need to go I need to go there and then.  Which can be a bit embarrassing.  Also there might be a bit of restriction but I think that will get better as time goes by.  Don't put it off cos it will only get worse.  As I said before it is painful, but worth it in the end.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.