Haemorrhoidectomy Hell

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had grade 4 haemorrhoids and skin tags removed Thursday & wish I hadn't had it done! I've never experienced pain like it and that's saying something concidering I've had many ops before that were alot more major! The pain I can't even describe apart from the extreme burning! All I was given was paracetamol and ibruprofen that haven't even touched it and lactalose. Going to go Drs tomorrow as can't go on like this! When I open my bowels I'm literally crying with the pain and it's the smallest of poos I've seen come out of me! I shower my bottom after and warm bath if fiancé home but it's only a short fix. Anyone help me? I'll take any suggestions xx

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First. I felt this exact way for 12 days after surgery. But I promise it gets better. My biggest relief for the burning was sitting in a hot bath. When the water got too cold, I redid more hot water I stayed in there for about 30 minutes. And then after I used numbing cream on it and that made it bareable. (Along with taking narcotics). The burning comes from the open wound. I had 5, grade 3 hems (ranging from 1cm to 1 inch) and the doctor said the burning will stop once all the incisions heal. The more that removed the longer it'll take. But I promise it gets better. I'm just shy of 2 months post op. And I still have 3 incisions not fully healed. It burns after pooping but only for like 10 minutes. 

• Posted

It's just a lidocaine hemmrhiod cream I got at a pharmacy. 

• Posted

I'm confused as you said lidocaine cream first then said any without it?x

• Posted

I have the same issue of unhealed wounds

I’m gojng in next Monday he said he may need do a curette of the wound so it finally heals.  I still have pain just before the bm and do feel very achy after

So over this!!!

• Posted

Hi Gemma, I had the same as you which I found out last week after seeing my doctor after my operation. He told me my operation was really bad. I got lactulose and fybogel for BM which worked for me but the BM were still sore but after two weeks less painfull. For pain I was given paracetomal and dihydrocodeine for pain which worked. Where was your operation done? Hope this helps you.
    • Posted

It was done in Eastbourne. I just can't deal with this pain it's so intense and exhausting sad

• Posted

Gemma hang in there

Keep your stool soft as ever. It’ll heal faster

Try and get some GTN fissure ointment.  It’ll speed things up but drawing blood flow to the area and heal you quicker.   

It does get better. I promise you that. 

• Posted

In Australia it’s called rectogesic 

Gtn is glyceryl trinitrate.   It’s basically medication used for the heart but in ointment form.   Once u put it on it gets absorbed thru the anus and increases blood flow to the area

Where do u live??   I’m sure you can source the ointment but maybe called something else

Just make sure it has 2% gtn in it

• Posted

I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow so will ask him. I'm in the uk in a town called Eastbourne x

• Posted

I managed to get it on prescription but it says to insert into me, don't think that's possible!!x

• Posted

Hi Gemma. Initially it will def be too sore to insert it internally.  Just put it externally for now.  It does get absorbed regardless.  You will get a headache and increased heart rate within mins of it.    The headache and heart rate aren’t anything to worry abt tho 

They don’t last long for me anyway.  Hope the same for you 

Xx

• Posted

Thank u yes I did notice that bizarre considering its on my bottom to do that! How long til u think I can manage internally?xx
    • Posted

Try In a few days. Even if u have to inch yr way in day by day 

I used my pinky to put it in 

Or I’ve read you can use a cotton bud to insert it. That’s pretty thin 

Although don’t push ur luck as the skin in that area is very sensitive so not force it.    External will be just fine too 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.