Hair changes???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi has anyone else experienced changes in there hair due to thyroid. Mine was always in good condition? Now it becomes so dry and breaks easily. No amount of conditioner seems to help. Any advice or tips?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another thing to try.............I did this last night-my hair feels amazing today-moisturized. Buy some coconut oil-just the regular kind at the grocery store-I heated it up in the microwave until soft/and oil consistency and added a little pepermint essential oil-but you can add whatever essential oil you like-then put it on my hair and scalp and it felt great-because it was warm. I left it on overnight (your pillow will get a little on it-but I just threw the pillow case in the wash this morning) Anyhow I washed my hair this morning-only took one shampoo but you may need 2 to get it all out. My hair has never been softer! Better than any expensive conditioner I have used! You can try it anyhow-? relatively inexpensive treatment!

• Posted

No, I don't think the heated cap is what I am referring to. If you'd like to know more about the hair steamer, you can go into amazon.com and type hair steamers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.