Hair loss and gallbladder problems?

Posted , 18 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced hair loss because of gallbladder problems? I have battled hair loss for 5 years, which has become extreme in the last 12 months, exactly when I started to suffer digestive issues on a daily basis and gain weight. All of my symptoms are hallmarks of gallbladder issues: pain in the right upper quadrant of my abdomen, clay coloured and fatty stools, lots of gas and bloating. Ultrasound came back negative for gallstones. However, I'm scheduled for a HIDA scan soon. My hair is dry, lifeless and falling out in clumps. My TSH, T3, and T4 have been consistently within normal range for 18 months. Same thing as far as sex hormones are concerned. Both liver and pancreatic enzymes are within normal range too. The only thing I can attribute this hair loss to is my digestive issues which all point to gallbladder dyskinesia. Thanks guys for your help!

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have had hair loss for about 15 years. I have gut issues microscopic colitis, pain in under my sternum and in my back. I have finally found some who is taking my health seriously, am going for an ultra sound on my gb next week. Hopefully something good will come of this and we can find out what is happening to my insides, then maybe my hair will recover.

• Posted

Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency is my guess

As your doctor for faecal elastase stool test.

• Posted

Hi Carlem,

For 3 years my hair started falling out and got super thin! My hair just looked "sick" Come to find out that i have several stomach ulcers, gastritis, and sluggish gallbladder with small stones! As soon as i began to take bile salts to aid in digestion and absorption of fat soluble vitamins, my hair stopped falling out! Its even started to slowly but surely grow back

Hope this helps!

Best Regards, Ellen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.