Hair loss. Help!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Is anyone here suffer from hair loss? I don't know what to do.

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For me, a shorter hair cut and Keranique for hair loss and patchy scalp.  Has the Minoxidil to help.  Pricey but works.
    • Posted

No, not the eyebrows.  If you notice my picture I have dark auburn hair.  I noticed over the season my eyebrows when white/gray while my hair is dark like in my pic.  But I guess I will take it..better my hair turning white/gray and my eyebrows stay dark..LOL.  I would look at a beauty store or a place that does makeup and see if they have any ideas like an eye brow pencil.  But I guess if you use the Keranique, when you wash your hair with the Keranique system, use it on eyebrows too. 
    • Posted

Lia, eyebrow loss is a typical sign of underactive thyroid, though I believe SS in general will do it. When I was young I had a single thick, jet-black eyebrow all across my face - like that famous female Mexican artist I can't mention or I'll get taken down! I was constantly plucking at the middle so at least I could separate them into two, but it was a thankless task. Then they virtually disappeared as SS and the resulting hypothyroidism took hold. Sometimes I feel I'd quite like my big eyebrow back!wink

I get round it by brushing them on with a dark-grey eye-shadow. I find this gives a more natural look than a brown eyebrow pencil, which tends to look ginger against my colouring (mixture of grey/dark-brown hair with pale, yellow-toned complexion). If you choose a good brand, it should stay on all day - as long as you remember not to touch your brows and to check yourself in a mirror from time to time. There's nothing worse than looking in a mirror at lunch time after a taxing morning in the office, to find you've only got one eyebrow left!

• Posted

Does your eyebrows grow back? Or its never come back?
    • Posted

Mine didn't. They started thinning slightly around the menopause (age 45) then upped and left more or less completely about 10 years later, after I'd started getting Sjogren's symptoms. I still have a few stray hairs, which are still black, but they grow ridiculously long - at least 2cm - and just look weird, so I pluck them out anyway. I know they'll never grow back now - I'm 72, and women tend to lose their eyebrows a bit with age anyway. However, if you're young I suppose there's a chance they might come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.