Hair salon

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, I have a question for the ladies - how soon after your THR were you able to go to the hair salon? I'm concerned about sitting in the chairs where you lie back to have your hair washed.

Thank you,

Betty 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi betty, 

for me around 6 weeks post-op ... but only because there was no one to take me . 

I asked for a big cushion to put on chair - 

To be honest, I was a wee bit disappointed ... my hair needed to be colored (cut and washed) and sitting in a chair for a long time was uncomfortable - I had to go to the bathroom quite often (low toilet .. be aware) - make sure you get up and move around - but it was all worth it !!!  they could not have been sweeter and more accommodating - and ... I was not there first hip person ....

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee,

Oh those low toilets! I forgot about that sad    I suppose it can't be much worse than it is now though. I can see too, how uncomfortable it would be sitting so long. Like you say though, it is all worth it to feel "human" again!

Renee, my daughter and her husband were in Amsterdam last week and I told her about you and wished she could have met you on my behalf smile

This was her second time there and she loves it!

Take care, Betty

• Posted

Betty, I didn't get to go. I was so excited I could drive, I just went to work with me crew. Well not really work, but watch them work. I guarantee you though, once I get the crew going Monday morning. I am headed there for THE WORKS! My hair looks like one of my customers out control gardens before we fix it up! Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.