Half a year of abdomen pain and the doctors just dumped the only diagnose they had

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey there! Some of you might have read my first post (https://patient.info/forums/discuss/severe-pain-in-my-lower-abdomen-spreading-to-my-hip-and-the-doctor-is-unable-to-diagnose-it-654157) where I explained the problems I have been having for the last half year. My doctor first sent me for an MR of my hip, but it came out completely clean with no visible changes. My orthopedist also dumped the hip enthesopathy diagnosis he set as it doesn's seem to be it. Meanwhile, the pain in my lower abdomen (spreading from just under my belly button to the far end of my hip) is still unchanged. Can anyone help me?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

increase your intake of magnesium and see if it helps. It looks like something to do with nerves, if you feel the pain on your muscles only, then its related to your muscles or nerves, but if you feel the pain inside then an organ or inner abdominal wall might be inflamed. Since you exercise a lot there is high chance you might have damaged something, it happened to me aswell but mine was in backside of my knee, it took a long time but cupping was the only thing that actually gave me relief, after cupping it felt like a knot is released and recovery was within weeks. Consult a neurophysician.
    • Posted

How much magnesium are we talking? It's not an inflamation as I was on several anti-inflamatories before and none of them helped

• Posted

Usually 400mg, read about it first to know how it might help your condition. Take the type which is light on stomach like magnesium glycinate. And also try wet cupping therapy.
  • Posted

Yes, I can remember your post, but I don't see, 

- that you were checked for any vascular problems (would have been suprisingley fast)

(pelvic congestion, nutcracker, iliac veins/artery (May Turner constellation), ....)

MR of hip does not pick that up. (but labra tears and the likes)

- Also, the trial of neuropathic pain medication (Gapabentin, Pregabalin) to see, if it was nerve pain. (Months of each to trial) seems missing.

- A physio could maybe look for muscular/posture problems.

Exclusions are peace of mind, too.

- Loosing a lot of weight can decrease the aorta/SMA angle.

The structures beneath in that angle are duodenum and left renal vein, that can get more or less squished. (pancreas head seems mostly ok with it)

Nutcracker phenomenon is not rare and often causes no symptoms due to collaterals being ok with more blood intake, but if symptoms appear, it is called nutcracker syndrome and can hurt the kidney and presses blood down into pelvis, where it can cause pain or worse: ureter cramping.

As long as no vascular check was done, it is not ruled out, that your loosing weight and exercise has done something to the vascular system. It happens. Happened to my teenaged daughter.

Hang in there, there are too many very different possibilities still open

and I hope one day you can let us please know, what it was and you heal.

All the best!

• Posted

Does your abdominal pain move about?
    • Posted

yeah, it actually does. It's usually different every day and different based on what I am doing, but the area is generally the same, so always from the left hip to the belly button. There are however days when it mostly hurts on the hip, then other days it mostly hurts right bellow the belly button.

• Posted

Have your bowel habits changed and does eating make your pain worse or better?
    • Posted

Nothing has changed about my bowel habits and eating doesn't make it better nor worse.

• Posted

I would see a different doctor for more tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.