Hallucinations? Feeling things?

Posted , 22 users are following.

Ok I have a feeling it's only me with this problem, been on propranolol slow release 80mg for 3 weeks and just started to experience waking up in the night and seeing a figure of a child, then last night I woke up and felt a mouse running under my duvet, there was nothing there sad this only happens when my brain has just woke up , anyone else experienced anything like this? Medication was working great until this happened

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I will be on this dose for quite a while until it does not work anymore. As that is what happened with the other medication (beta-blockers) I was on.
    • Posted

i am a dialysis patient and am not on fifidipine, cloridine and enalabril. No betta blockers, no more visual hallucinations.  life is good now.
    • Posted

Sorry mispell, i AM PRESENTLY ON NIFIDIPINE, ENALAPRIL AND CLONIDINE.  LIFE IS GOOD NOW.  NO MORE VISUAL HAULICINATIONS.
  • Posted

I also started smelling things that weren't really there a few weeks ago, doesn't happen very often but when it does I just laugh as I know it's just a side effect of the drug !!
    • Posted

STAY AWAY FROM BETTA BLOCKERS.  I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHY DOCTORS DONT RECOGNIZED THAT MEDICATION WITH BETTA BLOCKER CAUSE HALICINATIONS. WOULD HAVE HORROR PARTIES ON NIGHT TIME.  WHEN THE BETTA BLOCKERS WERE DISCONTINUE, A FEW WEEKS LATER, THE HORROR ENDED.
  • Posted

I was on half inderel 80-160 but stopped without realising after deaths in family 5 of them on space 6 wks but can notrecall hallucinations on them but i have experienced hallucinations & still do from time to time, ghinking things are at side of me or passing me also in night going to sleep as if my eyes are still awake in dark & see shadow things .

Xx

• Posted

Hi. I've been taking Inderal for about a year for treatment of migraines. I knew immediately after having my first hallucination that it had to be the Inderal. I had night terrors as a child, but these hallucinations are very real. Strange people looking in the window, wandering around my room, leaning over me in bed! Very unnerving. I also see huge spiders on the walls and on my pillows. My doctor said she never heard of Inderal causing these problems so for a while I thought I was bonkers. But the truth is, I have these visions every time I take this med. But now I just close my eyes and go back to sleep. I don't think they will go away unless I stop taking this med. But I would rather see things than have migraines!
  • Posted

I have  experienced weird things also reading other peoples ideas they have encountered things also.  My GP has taken me off this tablet WOW a lot better. Talk to you GP  
  • Posted

Yes I experienced that a spider was running over the celling I am petrefied of spiders.

I thought it might be the wine I was drinking to relax me.

Since my GP has taken me off this tablet I feel a lot better.

• Posted

THERE WOULD BE HORROR PARTIES IN MY BEDROOM ON NIGHT TIME.  FINALLY HAD THE DOCTOR DISCONTINUE THE BETTA BLOCKERS AND THE NIGHTMARE ENDED A FEW WEEKS LATER.  GOOD LUCK!
  • Posted

TION CAN DO.  STAY AWAY FROM IT..  THANK GOODNESS, MY LIFE IS BACK TO NORMAL.NO MORE HORRIBLE PARTY IN MY HOME.
    • Posted

FOR SOME REASON THE INFORMATION DID NOT TAKE COMPLETELY.  STAY AWAY FROM ANY MEDICATION THAT CONTAINS BETTA BLOCKERS.  I WOULD SEE HORRIBLE THINGS IN MY BEDROOM COME NIGHTTIME.  WHEN ON TO OTHER MEDICATION THAT DID NOT CONTAIN BETTER BLOCKERS.  THE NIGHTMARE ENDED.  LIFE IS GOOD NOW.  AM ABLE TO SLEEP.
    • Posted

I am no longer on propranolol but am on Bisoprolol 10 mgs.  I take it for rapid heart rate and the only thing it does is make me exhausted.  But if i don't take it my resting heart rate runs at about 130 bpm. So it feels like i am constantly running a marathon.  WIll talk to my cardiologist about going off for a while to give my body a break.  I have tried many beta blockers and i do not hallucinate anymore but just feel exhausted. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.