Halo Haemorrhoidal,Artery,Ligation,Operation.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i am wrighting this today as i have just had the above operation done 5 days ago,i would be very graitefull if anyone who has had the same operation would be able to advise me as how long the pain and discumfort will last as i am getting like a contraction type pain in my anas area and when braking wind it is very painful.Going to the toilet for a poo is not normal as i was a one a day person.Iam hopeing this will all settle down with time.Any help would be very greatfuly reseved,thank you.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,

The pain does die down after two weeks take lots of pain killer and for your poos to be normal they must always b soft this means laxative (laxido)a few times a day.

Eat loads of fresh fruit vegetables drink water 2-3 litres a day and avoid alcohol

I had mine done on the 20 th November if I have a soildish poo it's very painful and spot bleeds it's still weeping discharge my nurse reckons this will stop in 8-10 weeks my follow up appointment is mid feb I will let you know how it goes hopefully it will be all healed up

Take care get on the laxatives and painkiller I'm 5 weeks In and still relying on laxative try not to get considpated its agony 😞

• Posted

Hi, I had the HALO procedure in May 2015 - I was off work for 4 weeks. You should start feeling better after about 10 days. I know how you must be feeling - I too had the contraction type pain you describe, I didn't have poo for about 5 days and when did it was absolute agony. I took otc painkilllers and tried to rest as much as possible. Try not to stand for long and eat plenty of fruit, veg and cereal. I found a daily soak in a warm bath helped. My surgeon told me that people can pass quite a large amount of blood around 7 to 10 days after having the op and not to panic if this happens - fortunately it didn't happen to me. If it's any consolation, I am now fine and glad I had it done. Good luck - I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Hello little Miss RC,

Can I please ask when did your bleeding after bowel movement stop ? I still have slight spotting with hard stools .

I was told 8-10 weeks but I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow to see what his thoughts are.

Glad to hear all is well with you as well.

Best,

• Posted

Hi Mia, I actually didn't have much bleeding after bm's although I was in agony. I think you are doing the right thing bychecking with your doctor especially if you have hard stools. Try to eat lots of fruit, veg and cereal to keep stools soft and avoid straining. I took lactulose for a few days and drank a lot of fluid. Good luck - I hope you go on ok.
    • Posted

Hello Little miss RC

I saw my doctor today he told me to stop worrying as it's just healing I had a colonoscopy in August and biopsy and they where all fine .

It just odd I'm still having slight bleeding with hard stools he did mention a possibility of new piles

Before you had your piles treated did they bleed at all ?

Best

• Posted

I did have one burst a long time ago but the one's I have now haven't bled.All the best.
    • Posted

Hi, I'm glad everything seems to be healing. My piles didn't bleed before i had them done but they were extremely painful. About 6 weeks after I had the HALO procedure, I had what I thought was a new one. It was about the time I was due to see the surgeon for a check up. I was told it was a thrombosed haemorrhoid and that it would settle but would take time. I read a lot about it and found out it is apparently not unusual to get a thrombosed pile after the HALO procedure. It did take several weeks before everything settled. Maybe you have something similar but yours is bleeding whereas mine didn't. I think the recovery time from this op is far longer than we are told it will be, I was told I would need a week off work but I was off for 4 weeks. It will get better but you have to be patient and rest if you can. 
    • Posted

Dear RC,

This evening I had a lot of blood on my stool with bowel movement I don't think the op was a success I don't know what to do now 😞

• Posted

Hi,

I underwent Halo procedure 14 January, after operation 50 min I felt the urge to go to toilet. I relieved myself some water and plug. After that for three days I ate normally but there was no urge to go to toilet. I had to force myself to go to toilet. When i tried to relieve myself it took me good 20 min effort. At no point I had blood coming out of me. Doc told me if you have pain and it is increasing that means you have infection than do not waste time and straight away come to hospital. I was given Tramadol after operation but I did not even take a single tablet because there was no pain. If there was little it was manageable by Paracetamol. Believe me I had so much pain (piles) before halo procedure. I am so so very thankful to Dr. Crate and King Fisher ward at King George Hospital I have no words to express. I am 50-60 % healed in regards to piles. I can drive for 12 hours without pain and swelling. Before operation I can never think of. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. Best Wishes

Farhan

• Posted

Hi ,

Was your op the 14 th Kan 2016?, my experience hasn't been like yours I had mine on the 20 th Nov 2016 I'm still having bleeding with bm i I don't think the HALO has been successful for me I'm exhausted with the bleeding 😢

• Posted

Something gone wrong I believe your artery is punctured and it is repeatedly punctured when you go to toilet. It means at the point of stiches it is still open and not healed. Please go to hospital tomorrow morning and tell them your situation. What you are going through is not normal ! 

I have read hundreds of posts and I can assure you that you are at a risk of infection. God forbid if you suffer from infection! Doctors need to stitch up your wound as early as possible. Please do not waste time because it will not heal on its own. Please take laxatives and isphagol so everything is soft and you would not break stiches when going to toilet.

I can not stress ... you need urgent medical attention. 

• Posted

Yes my operation was on 14 Jan 2016. and only when going to toilet for the first time 1 hour after operation at hospital I had blood spots on toilet tissue but after that it was clean... no blood at all. 
    • Posted

Hi I went to A and E,

They said my operation was not successful I need another pile treatment to stop the bleeding in a few months .

Thanks ,

• Posted

I am sorry what you are going through. I hope and pray you get well. I have suffered from this ailment and I can understand what you are going through.
    • Posted

Did your piles bleed with poo before the operation?.

Best,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.