Halo Haemorrhoidal,Artery,Ligation,Operation.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i am wrighting this today as i have just had the above operation done 5 days ago,i would be very graitefull if anyone who has had the same operation would be able to advise me as how long the pain and discumfort will last as i am getting like a contraction type pain in my anas area and when braking wind it is very painful.Going to the toilet for a poo is not normal as i was a one a day person.Iam hopeing this will all settle down with time.Any help would be very greatfuly reseved,thank you.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Guys,

So it turned out I have two more piles that wasn't treated when I had the Haloin November I've now paid private to have them banded next week have any of you tried it ?... Doesn't work?.

Thanks ,

• Posted

Had mine friday just gone. 15.9.17

24 hours i was told that i should be back in work. Mmmmmmm im still in pain. Hot baths and bed seems to be the only relief. Even to break wind i have to brace myself. Cant cough or even laugh as the pressure is horrendous. Spoke to surgeon yedterday and he now said takes uo to 8 weeks to heal fully. Wish I'd never bothered as it was not bad at all prior and could of easily continued for years with the way it was prior.

• Posted

l had halo 7 weeks ago and still in horrendous pain, wish I hadn't had it done now, they make it sound like a simple operation but it is far from it, I have also had a catheter since as it put me in to urinary retention, I am practically housebound now, I cant go anywhere, I have tried to pop to the shop with my husband but after walking 2 aisles I have to sit back in the car, the pain is unbearable and the piles are still there, I cant see light at the end of the tunnel at the moment and feel this is me now forever.

• Posted

I am sorry you were having such a difficult time, i am having the same experience following the Halo. feel gutted - how are you doing now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.