Happy News For me...and temptation arises

Posted , 10 users are following.

I went into my mailbox yesterday and there was an envelope from Federal Government.  

I had called my Lawyer last week to ask what is going on with the benefit request that I initiated 2 years ago...my Lawyer said she would get back to me and never did.

So...I open the letter and there is a note that asks me to sign a particular line and the note also says "you were approved for benefits..return ASAP".

Immediately....I wanted to celebrate...Immediately I wanted to drink. I have been drowning my sorrows in alcohol over lost employment and lost family connections for the last 2 years!

Why not celebrate?  My STUPID brain asked me?

Um...because you will die...that is why.  So my BRAIN says..."No you won't, just have a few".  

My logic says...its is NEVER a few....so NO...I'm keeping very busy.  Praising God for my good fortune...and I'm about to stop by a  yard sale near my home.

Hope you all that are trying to stay sober...are doing well.

Hope anyone who is struggling finds some hope today to make a plan to stop.

Life is so much better sober..and I need to remember that (especially right now).

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good for you. Its so easy to give into our foolish thoughts of temptation ..... I allow myself to think whatever my little brain wants to but I always remember the truth, the outcome . There are so many other ways to celebrate and I'm glad you found one. smile hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful sober day

Lori

• Posted

Yea and I think I will splurge on a seafood dinner tonight.

And drink sparkly soda!

• Posted

Misssy, I am filled with admiration.

That's a huge achievement.

Love Tess xxx

• Posted

So pleased for you Missy
    • Posted

Thank you...hope you are enjoying a pleasant day.

I just started posting on the DIET board..OMG.

• Posted

Good lock with that!

Not that I've ever been there.......................

• Posted

Its just a matter of counting calories...but I'm on Day 3 of doing that...and starving...LOL..I imagine my body would get used to this.

• Posted

That's great you get your benefits. congratulations x I totally understand what your saying about thinking of having a drink to celebrate. Thats what i always think. There is always an excuse to have a drink. But I think it's more of a celebration not to drink and be proud that you haven't. I need to reach that point. I'm going through a bad time st the moment but need to find another way of getting rid of my stress rather than hitting the bottle as it mske me feel do much worse.I'm determined now to do it x

• Posted

If you want to get rid of your stress by sending me a PM to get it all out..go for it!

Yes, no drinking is a BETTER celebration...I know from having 8 years sober that the thoughts and craving die off if I just stay away from the alcohol for a long period of time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.