Hard to breathe feel like a lump in my throat...choking sensations ..scared to sleep,get worse towar

Posted , 19 users are following.

All month feeling awfull...constantly thinking about my breathing...cant understand is it phisical or just mental stuff...some days are better some  are just a nightmare. Dunno what to do..gp saying i have got anxiety but sometimes i feel like i have got some awfull illnes...keeps waking me up at night...and when it does make me that way i get panic attacks cause im very scared...does anyone else have that...? Please help

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

bro i m from Morocco .. I have the same feeling I cant breath very well like some thing in my chest .. I cant fix that I have that feeling since childhood .. but I reckon that its mental more than phys
  • Posted

I am going through the exact same thing now. Also i assume you meant you box as in the sport? If so that's cool because I do too. Anyways, I just wanted to thank you and everyone that responded, especially 2zoopanzee, this helps with the mental aspect. To grasp the concept of it being in my head and also to not feel so alone in this situation. I've been having this feeling and more for over a month. I went to the hospital for it and the dr felt the need to mention spontaneous death which caused me to have my first panic and I've been having at least 3 a day since... Regardless, thanks man.

• Posted

Hello

Can I ask of any of you have nail fungus. I’m wondering if that has anything to do with shortness of breathe. 

• Posted

I know this question is 4 years old, but I saw it and the answers that followed and I have to add something really important that few people may not have thought of.

Please never dismiss someone's inability to breathe as some mere "panic" attack, and then tell them to calm down.  They may be in serious respiratory distress.

For those coming across this article now, if you are in state where you cannot breathe, do not wait. Go to the emergency room right away.  If you have known allergies and have an epipen, please get it and use it and keep one on you at all times.

Turns out, I am newly allergic to wheat/grains/gluten/nuts. I also have acid reflux/GERD. I probably have leaky gut syndrome which contributes to what could be mild anaphylaxis, which can be dangerous. For months, I also had a problem breathing in my throat and also from my stomach. Some doctors are thinking panic attacks or asthma, but if you've never had either before, ask them if it is possible that this is an allergic reaction and have them examine you properly. I have wasted time and money in an emergency room because the stupid physician's assistant couldn't diagnose me properly. So you're going to have to save yourself.

The panic attack may be the result of not being able to breathe, not the cause of the inability to breathe.  Mke a list of everything you ate, drank or came into contact with. One of those things may be contributing to your breathing problems. 

Ask about over the counter (OTC) medications that you can take that will help control the symptoms of your condition unless you need a prescription for a more potent form of the medication and if you are allergic to something, don't keep eating or being exposed to it. Get rid of it or get away from it. The best doctors to see are allergists, ENTs, and gastroenterologists, but see your main provider first.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.