Hard to see this is anxiety/stress/ ibs now :( still got this bowel cancer fear I can't push it away

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so I haven't posted in a while about this but this is 3 months going on 4 and it's still here! I'm petrified and i highly doubt anxiety, stress/ ibs can do this for this long.

Ok so first of all the weird feeling i posted about before I'd say has nearly gone however in the day now this is what happens usually. I get up in the morning have breakfast and coffee then go to the toilet then when i go the first bit normally comes out fine looks like a torpedo the normal then that's it it sort of cuts off and unless i strain really hard which i don't do btw there's more left in there that just won't come out leaving me incomplete. 

Like yesterday i did a bit felt incomplete pushed a little and a bit broke off but today I went this morning did the usual felt incomplete but I'm not sure if there is still stool left there now sad but what I'm dealing with atm is like a pressure in my rectum sad I did go again after and there was 3 harder sheep pellets that came out so do you reckon they've been there for some time? 

Anyway the bit that's terrifying me if i do empty I sometimes get an urge later on and pass bits of yellow mucus! on it's own no stool. So on Friday i came back from work went to the toilet got a fair bit out and felt pretty empty later on the night had some wet wind and when i got home i wiped and there was some yellow mucus. Now this is where I've got incredibly, incredibly scared I had like a really bad urge on friday like i need to go but couldn't. I did some googling when I know i shouldn't but it said tenesmus it's a symptom of bowel cancer! freaked out again

It also said if you try and go more often this may need and investigation in hospital! so i freaked out again.

Does this sound like a change in bowel habit or am i just obsessing at this point? 

And is what i described tenesmus, is tenesmus like a painful and voilent urge to go like you've got to run or what? It's not like that just a little pressure and sometimes feel like there's trapped wind in there. 

I just can't win I either get incomplete evac or sometimes the mucus if i do empty a bit sad and I'm terrified sad do these sound concerning or what. Also two weeks friday I went on the night with a little urge and passed some yellow mucus with a tiny spot of bright red in it. It was barely visible and this is gross I know but i had to go through it with my hands sad and saw it. 

I've had issues on and off for years, i was actually shocked when it was normal once a day perfect for the last 9 months or so last year. But i can't remember having this bit of pressure before sad 

Since I've spoke on here last, I've seen two doctors both said the same stress, anxiety maybe ibs and I've also started cbt and done 2 sessions but it's not helping with these issues. And if it is that i doubt it's gonna go because I just can't calm down at all I just keep freaking out thinking it's a mass in my rectum or something.

I have been constipated the last week on and off started drinking allot more now during the day I used to just drink coffee and tea all day. 

Does this sound concerning? 

Cheers,Jack

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Can ibs cause incomplete evac like feeling there's something there when there isn't had the pressure then got home from work just and felt like going not a massive urge but nothing is there sad

• Posted

Looking back though im pretty sure I've had something similar in the past

• Posted

mucus is extremely common in ibs. stress can cause constipation and im pretty sure we produce more mucus to 'protect' ourselves when were in stress etc. maybe why ibs and anciety are closely related...

rememeber our brains are linked wirh out stomaches makint our stomaches vunerable during amxiety

• Posted

Thing is it's not hard that's coming out so I don't think it's typical constipation sad what's concerning me is this is a change for nearly 4 months.

Unless what I writ isnt an actual change in habits.

• Posted

Hello , I was just wondering if you ever found out what was going on . I am still having issues with these symptoms and am awaiting certain procedures and tests .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.