Hardware removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have an appt the 17th of this month to discuss hardware removal. It’s almost been a year since my Left ankle bimalleolar ORIF and it’s giving me fits intermittently. I have small ankles and am of average build. I would like some shared experiences to be given for thoughts and education. I think I’ll have a lot of relief with it out and I wondered how it actually felt post removal. Thanks for all you have to offer here, it’s been so helpful in this process.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well I am not as lucky as u guys I have gained probably 20 pounds I feel like me good leg is getting tired of carrying all the weight I weigh around 200 I'm worried my other leg is gonna break too

• Posted

Lol you still have humor! I used to run/jog more but I can’t do it as much so I purchased a road bike in hopes I can get a new cardio routine. I was leaning into a less active lifestyle for awhile before the ankle injury last year so that slowed it down even more. I’ve gained 20lbs over the last 2-3 years too so don’t feel too bad. I can notice a difference in my feet and other areas I don’t love it. Hoping this new cardio bit will help me shape up a bit. Plus I signed up for Ragbrai In July so I have some training to do hahaha literally wishing I could LMFaO.
  • Posted

Well I start physical therapy tomorrow for my back not from my ankle but I'm hoping that it will get me in the mood to start doing some stuff to lose some weight but it's kind of hard to when you can't bare weight on your foot SO waiting for my ankle to heal so I hope it will be soon but right now all I want to do is sit around and eat sweets

• Posted

Well I start physical therapy tomorrow for my back not from my ankle but I'm hoping that it will get me in the mood to start doing some stuff to lose some weight but it's kind of hard to when you can't bare weight on your foot SO waiting for my ankle to heal so I hope it will be soon but right now all I want to do is sit around and eat sweets

• Posted

Well I start physical therapy tomorrow only for my back though I'm still non-weight-bearing and so I'm hoping it will get me in the mood but I've got to wait on my ankle because I've already put enough weight on it that I've messed it up and it's infected and stuff so I'm hoping it will be okay I go back to the doctor today to find out what he says about my ankle so wish me luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.