Harm OCD & Weird Head Sensations

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey guys.. I'm really getting sick of this. It started out as me feeling a bit anxious. My chest has been feeling like there's pressure on it, like a small dog is sitting on it. It also, aches. Right below my collarbone, has been feeling tingly, too. Right after I started feeling anxious, my harm OCD came around (I hate it the most). I was sitting at the kitchen table, while my mom was in the kitchen, and there was a small glass bottle of hot sauce...

I kept getting scared that I would bash my mom in the head with the glass bottle, and I immediately walked past her to put it up. I also, had to clean my bowl and fork. You can guess what those thoughts were... I'm scared of myself.

Right now, I'm having a pressure around my head, especially on my forehead. There's also, been some slight burning sensation on the back of my head. I've never experienced that before; just that tingling sensation, or a vibrating one.

I've also, had to remind myself to do things several times, like when it came to moving the laundry from the wash to the dryer. I forgot I was cooking noodles, and almost left a pot of water by itself! That forgetfulness started WAY before I got really anxious.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I also had the similiar intrusive thoughts about harming people,I thought I was going to snap my boyfriends neck and I was scared to even touch him for days, I've also had many other horrible thoughts that I've hated, I went to a counsellor about them and it really helped, I'm still struggling with them but not as much. My counsellor told me to try to not put as much importance on these thoughts and they may stop appearing so frequently, so I've started trying to do hobbies that will take my time up so I don't have time to worry about them. I hope this helps, I know one thing that works for someone may not work for another but I thought I would share what seems to be helping for meĀ 
    • Posted

Thank God, I'm not the only one. I have a friend, who goes through the same thing.
  • Posted

I feel your pain with the harm OCD. Thank God I don't have it like I use to. I had one of those thoughts this week and when it hit me my anxiety was horrible. I was like, "please don't let this start up!!" I refocused my attention and it went away. My daughter is 13 and she has them bad. She covers her face and starts praying. Your forgetfulness is because of your anxiety. I'm the same way. When I'm really anxious I'm in bad shape and can't focus.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. It's always good to know there's others out there, who go what I go through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.