Has anybody else gained weight with Ebv ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

trying to figure out if my weight gain is due to ebv or the hormone patch dr put me on ? i am so uncomfortable with the extra weight .. i was 110lbs and i barely have any appetite but gained like 20lbs.

when symptoms first started thought it was all hormones but now reealize its ebv. has anybody else put on weight ????

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm at 14 months with my 2nd round of Mono. I have gained weight with my Mono throughout this time. My doctors did say it is possible to gain weight. I have attempted to go back to the gym multiple times. Unfortunately each time I go back to the gym I relapse and my symptoms get worse. My chiropractor has recommended Ozone therapy. At this point I'm willing to try anything to get the Mono dormant.

Best of wishes to everyone going through this!

Stacie

• Posted

yes i too gained a lot of weight but thought it was due to hormones she put me on ? my face too got swollen .. other people noticed it .

i am doing ozone and done 13 sessions of 10 pass ... i HIGHLY recommend it ! its expensive but so so worth it !!

im not 100% yet but plan to do 4 more sessions but since starting many things have got better ! give it a go !!!

• Posted

Hi Stacie,

So sorry to hear you've been going through such a terrible time with mono and to have it a second time, that is truly awful and I just hope and pray that things improve over the coming period. I believe that you are going to get better and that God is going to heal you.

It must be so frustrating when you want to exercise and do things to help but you can't do it because it just drains you, I can empathise with that from when I went through it too Stacie. Your body resilience and strength will return again with time, truly it will. It's like walking a tightrope trying to find the right balance, even if it's more gentle exercise like a walk every day was something that helped me, just getting out and moving, it doesn't have to be a long walk or anything strenuous - some days you might be able to manage more than others.

Hang in there Stacie - just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and that I'm firmly believing that you are going to get the breakthrough you need and experience full recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Oh Lori so pleased to hear that you have been feelings some benefits from the therapy - that is really positive news and I'm still believing that things are going to improve further for you over the coming period - hang in there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.