Has anybody felt suicidal ?

Posted , 24 users are following.

Not to be morbid but just wondering with all these hormone changes if anybody has felt this way ? I only bring it up as it’s happened to me and I know it will pass and we’ll all feel better one day but when you are so desperate that it crosses your mind ... you know you’re not in a good place . 

4 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Yes a few years ago I felt like that. I came to this group for support but a few ladies said to me if I was talking that way they were having nothing to do with me and there was nothing to say. I felt really embarrassed for having posted and I have not posted since. I only read posts now. You have my sympathies feeling that way...and yes it does pass. I hope you find this group more supportive than I did.
    • Posted

I have mentioned it to my ex and a friend but somehow they don’t listen or just brush it off? 

How many people I am thinking have been so desperate revealed their inner most feelings and then just get ignored or brushed off ..... and then do something terrible as people aren’t listening . It should not be a taboo subject ! 

• Posted

I agree with you Lord and Lady wear.

I've been much better for months now...so it does get better but just a year ago I went pretty low, I wouldn't say I was suicidal but I sometimes wished I could die some quick and easy way just to get the feeling sooooo low over with. We all say it does get better when we are finally out of the bad side but when you are deep in the bad side it's really hard to see that it will get better. You are correct nobody wants to hear about it or listen, nobody wants to hang out or chat with a downer, but it's hard to pretend to be cheery when you feel that low. It is real feelings and they are awlful and irrational at times but we feel it and should have an actual real friend that will listen.

I remember at times reading posts on here about hot flashes and joint pains and thinking "I'd take those syptoms any day over this emotional crap. Don't get me wrong, I get hot flashes and a sore elbow at times, they aren't pleasant but they are nothing to complain about compared to crying all day over absolutely nothing.

You are going through Peri and to add to it a divorce, that's a lot.....it's OK to say how you feel. Ive been there and it's awlful and thought it would never end but it slowly does get better and you will to get to where I am that only maybe 5 days a month are half bad and the rest are good....and you will look back and shake your head of how crazy your thoughts were. And you won't be one of those people that ignore someone that's having a rough time, because you've been there smile

• Posted

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I have gotten nothing but support on here. So I've tried to pay it forward by supporting other ladies on here when I can. I don't why those ladies treated you that way but don't let it discourage you from posting. I feel maybe they were angry because you had the guts to post what they couldn't. Sending blessings and love your way. (((((Hugs))))?????

• Posted

Thank you Juanita my love .... yes I’m sure I’m not the only one who has had that thought cross their mind and once you talk about something you release it - trapped trauma is very detrimental. everybody on here has been so supportive and yes I try my utmost to give back too. Light love and good times to come for all the beautiful souls who are suffering here. 
    • Posted

I know right? I have two sisters, one is nine years older, the other is 13 years older. The one that's nine years older told me years ago "just remember when you go through menopause you have two sisters that have been through it, you can talk to us". Well my oldest sister acts like she never had a symptom and the other one refuses to talk about it because "it was a very dark period in my life". I tried to talk to her today about it and she said "aren't you done with that yet"? I love them both dearly, but they have been no help through this process. God and you ladies have been there for me when I needed you.

• Posted

I see this all the time Juanita .... I don’t get it ? It’s like you get a blank stare or women look at you as if they can’t talk about it like it’s a CIA top secret or something ? 

I’m asking everybody now ! What was it like for you ? How did you get through it? 

I’m not shy and hopefully when I get through this VERY DARK TIME ..... I can be of help to other women ! I will never be closed off about this horrible time of my life. 

• Edited

Hi Lori,

I've been there too. I went through deep depression from about 40 to 45, off and on, also had anxiety where I felt like I was literally shaking from the inside out, paranoid and had days where I didn't want to leave the house, would cry for hours over nothing and get angry over stupid things, I also did things that were out of my character. I turned 46 last October and after that it seemed to settle. I still have the occasional bad day but feel I've reached the other side for the most part. So it does get better, but it's the hugest fight to get through it.

You are correct though, nobody want to talk about it or hear about it.

I also think some woman go through it and don't clue in they are in peri. I've seen a couple of my co workers my age be iratic, emotional, koody over things that aren't that big of a deal. My 98 old grandmother swears she had nothing, well thinking back to when I was a little girl (she would have been in her 50s) she was very negative and had little patients and took a lot of naps...she is very pleasant now.

I also think peri and menopause is a tabu subject due to working, if men knew too much about it there is no way they would hire woman around our age. Sure as heck they would never ever want to date a woman going through this either.

It does slowly get better, but it's hard to feel that or believe that when you are in the depths of peri.

• Posted

I try to be as helpful as I can to the ladies on here. The ladies in my life act like nothing is happening to them. I think think there is plenty happening, they just aren't associating it with menopause. Because they've been brainwashed to think that menopause is nothing but mood swings and hot flashes! But my cousin who is about 62, gets it. But we only talk about once a year. But she told me about the vertigo, gas, not being able to walk a straight line, and all the doctors she went to and they could find nothing wrong. She agrees that they need to come out and tell women that there are so many symptoms. But they don't because they want our money, the doctors that is. She even went to a neurologist at one point.

• Posted

I agree Juanita, there are many that don't know they have peri/menipose things going on. I wonder how many divorces happen during this stage of life that may have not happened if woman and men were more aware of the emotional roller coaster this causes, if they have been prepared?

The thing is doctors must know, they used to put woman in Institutions in the past.

All I know if someone had of told me when it first started that it's "normal" and the things that were going to happen emotionally and physically I may have still gone through all of it but would have not gone through the stage of thinking I was completely loosing it and could have been where I am now, now if I have a bad day I can tell myself it's just my hormones acting up and it will go away.

I only found this site last year, after going through hell for 4 years, all the posts have helped me emensly understand and cretain ly helped me get to better place ?

• Posted

It completely baffles me ! Why oh why is this subject not talked about ??? I mean it’s debilitating and moreover DANGEROUS!

How many women have had breakdowns because of this ??? 

• Posted

I know of at least one divorce that happened because of menopause. This lady at work told me her mother's husband left her. But she also told me her mother refused to take anything.

• Posted

I'm sorry you feel this way. I have but it was very fleeting. In and out of my head like a flash. I pray and meditate. I had a great therapist, but I was seeing her through my work and she left because they weren't paying very much. But those seven sessions helped me.

This is a phase in our lives, just a phase. It will pass. I was hoarse off and on for about six months and was sure I had something awful going on. I realized two days ago the hoarseness is gone.

The mind is a powerful , but we are here for you. NEVER feel you are alone.((((hugs))))?????

• Posted

Thank you Juanita .... yes I’m sure it’s just hormones getting used to the patch . I too have a lot of faith and know ‘something ‘ will turn up for me . It’s just been too much all at once ... divorce  and a break up from my boyfriend then 3 months of hell with all these symptoms. Plus I have to wait until I’m stable to travel no point travelling when you’re not 

100% . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.