Has anyone also experienced rainbow coloured aura around object????

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a while now, I've been seeing what could be described as a rainbow coloured aura around objects and text that also resembles double vision in that if I'm looking at text, I can see a faint ghosting version of it within the aura. If I'm looking at the outline or edge of something white, there is a greater saturation of rainbow colours in the aura as opposed to looking at a darker coloured object where the effect is lessened. If I look through a pin hole or squint, this corrects the problem almost entirely. The aura can get worse if my eyes are tired.

I guess it could be described as a vertical Chromatic Aberration of some kind Any idea of what it may be? Has anyone experienced it as well?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there

if youve no medical insurance etc, Id go to your nearest A&E.I wouldnt put it off , it might not be anything serious but you need it checked out. Good luck

• Posted

Dont get too freaked out by it,you wouldnt believe all the wierd symptoms eyes can have,usually something beneign.Xx
  • Posted

don,t take any risks get it checked out by an expert,take it from one who learnt to hard way.

what country do you live in?

• Posted

I'm from the Philippines...I'm unemployed and don't have medical insurance and eye check up here is so expensive....I'm really freaking out because I'm only 25 this had cause me so much anxiety, stressed and depression since I don't have money for eye exam
    • Posted

Do you experience the same thing as well? Please let me know sad I'm really freaking out
    • Posted

Hi,cant you borrow money from your parents or a friend. It should be checked.
  • Posted

I tryed reading about this. Could be and im saying could be cataract . Has something to do with the cornea and light. I guess. Do they have any free clinics there?
    • Posted

I tried to ask help from my parents but they always shrugged it off and tell me, I'm just being paranoid. My mom, gets angry every time I persisted that there's something wrong with my eyes. Both eyes. I've been seeing this coloured ghosting image for days now which only started last week. It's happening in both eyes. There has been also increased of colour and flashes when I close my eyes. There are free clinics in here but the problem is that, the don't have the equipments needed for me... The last eye exam that I got was Flourescein Angiogram which cost me a lot, the result said that I have RPE defect in my left eye. What bothers me the both is that now both eyes are affected
    • Posted

Every day I spent time reading about all my symptoms online, I did tried to ask my friends for help but all they can do is to refer me to a doctor or ask NGO(non goverment association for help) it's hard because this has been affecting my everyday life. I'm all on this alone. I can't sleep at night.
    • Posted

Whats an RPE defect?. Show your parents on the internet about the eye issue. My gosh i have 2 children,i dont understand how a parent can give this so little thought. XX
    • Posted

I understand,im having awful eye issues. Makes me horribly anxious. I wear dark glasses half the time. Helps with the anxiety.
    • Posted

RPE is retinal pigment epithelium i think is the thin layer between the retinal and the choroids if I'm not mistaken.
    • Posted

Did you have it checked? My started out as blurred vision 2yrs ago which I thought has something to do with my grade. Then late last year (December) when I started to see like double vision or ghosting image which often come and go until later of May where the ghosting image has been there anywhere I like and at any distance except if I i look really close the ghosting image disappear. The Flickering in my vision became persistent also sad And both eyes are affected.
    • Posted

Ok,im almost 60. I have vitreous detachment with loads of floaters,very distracting . post vitreous detachment is quite common as you get older but can happen younger. That can caus flashing in the corner of your eye etc. Anyway grom the pvd in my right eye during detaching it pulled enought to caus an injury so something called an erm which is a nembrane grew over the macula in that eye. More wierd symptoms that may need surgery someday. Well anyway i now have dry eye which causes blurred vision etc. Lots to deal with,the blurred vision so far,and the floaters bother me the most. Cant escape eye symptoms,so hard to not let anxiety take over.
    • Posted

Since I struggle financially I only get to get my symptoms from google or symptom checker webmd I don't know how accurate these symptoms checkers are but it help me understand and see that I am not the only one experiencing all these... Talking to people helps me cope up with the anxiety I'm been going through since this all started. I am finding ways to help my self. Maybe I can ask help from different charities but it's not gonna be easy because usually it will be a very long process
    • Posted

Its so hard,medical expenses are through the roof,here in the states we have health insurance,but it pays for nothing til you pay 6000 dollars out of pocket. Basically its junk. Meds are also through the roof. I envy people who live in countries that provide healthcare for everyone.
    • Posted

Our health insurance is through my husbands job.
    • Posted

Exactly, here we have philhealth that you can use but in case of emergency but you will have to like pay for it montly and it only covers certain medical cases. Charity ward for patients who are financial incapable doesn't provide good service and usually we have deal with staff who are sometimes rude especially when they knew that we're only charity patients. Here in the Philippines health is only for the reach people...
    • Posted

Does your husband's insurance cover the entire family or just you? Because I remember my mom's only beneficiary is my dad
    • Posted

Hi,my kids are grown. If they were still young until the age of 26 they would be covered. We have to still take a family policy even though its just my husband and i. Either way,one of us or a combination of expenses for both of us has to be 6000 total out of pocket. That was the good policy they offered it was that or 10,000 out of pocket. You would think the monthly expense he'd pay through work for it would be cheap. Not,it costs over 500 a month. We used to have really good insurance. Now high deductable policys are the ones companies usually offer. He makes decent money,but say you have something bad and have to pay that amount for years in a rowe. Scarey.
    • Posted

Here I think you're only cover if you below 20 yrs old....I'm 25 so I'm not cover with my mom's insurance which she already used when my dad got hospitalized and we have to pay like 180,000 pesos, my mom's insurance only covered 80K so we have to pay 100K it's really expensive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.