Has anyone come off Olanzapine (2.5 mg) successfully after taking it for 3 months?

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been taking Olanzapine for 3 months. Most of the time it was 1.25mg.  I can't tolerate it at any strength. For the last 6 days, I have been taking only a quarter of a pill or about .60 mg.

As I write this, I am shaking, agitated and feel awful. Is this normal? Will this ever go away?

When will it go away????? I can't even get our of the bed. Please share your experience.

4 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi nancy , i have been takeing olanzapine for two years and now on 2.5 from 5mgs . I think your problem is you have reduced your dosage too quickly. I have started to wean myself off olanzapine by takeing 1 tablet one day then miss a day , i have done this for one month and up to now have not suffered any adverse side effects accept for the odd head ach but put this down to withdrawal effects.

• Posted

Hi Nancy. I took 2.5 mg of olanzapine for 3 months and stopped it 10 days ago. First 5 days were tolerable but last 5 days I feel exactly the same as you described. I feel depressed, agitated, unmotivated and hopeless. I also experience insomnia. I don't know if it is normal but I feel for you, hang in there. We need time to adapt the new situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.