Has anyone developed silent reflux since beginning this journey?

Posted , 16 users are following.

Mine is really bad at the moment. I am just looking for some encouragement. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night bc i was constantly trying to clear my throat and coughing. I am really miserable with it right now. It settled down a little earlier today. I am just hoping I don't have another night like last night.

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yes i have had it last 2 months , trying to swallow but feels like spit stuck there that wont go away and a thick throat ! just makes me anxious thinking it must be more , then i read these comments and feel im not alone ! i just want to wake up and feel normal !

• Posted

yep exactly like spit sitting back there. lol last night i drank acv in warm water and it seemed to help with it. I am going to try it again tonight

• Posted

Hi 2chr

Reflux is really awful both my daughter and i suffer from it, most of the time i just haveto grit my teeth and bear it but other times i find the chewable milanta helps and i even found drinking the Ural sachet in water helped even though thats meant for stopping urine from burning since its Alkaline it seems to settle my reflux sometimes.

Hope you find some ease soon

• Posted

oh thats interesting about the ural. thank you!

• Posted

You're welcome hope you find some relief

• Posted

I have LPR/ Silent reflux.

I have had it for several years. Coughing (rarely anymore for me) but the constant clearing of the throat is horrible. It isn't the same as gerd but it gets mislabeled as heartburn or gerd.

I drink alkaline water and sleep with a wedge pillow. Both are game changers for me. I avoid my trigger foods. I would strongly recommend keeping a food diary. Try not to eat late. Chocoate, pad thai are big triggers for me. I don't drink soda or coffee. I take a good probiotic. I don't drink ACV.

• Posted

i didnt think about the alkaline water. I might try that. so far i know my triggers are tomatoes, coffee, and oranges (or at least a bunch of them lol)

• Posted

Thank God for your post and the lovely ladies answers. I'm suffering terrible with reflux at moment, but I'm bringing up what I can only call white foam saliva, I've also got that lump feeling, which is making me gag and feel like I'm choking! Since Peri started my anxiety has gone through the roof so that's not helping . I'm getting an endoscopy in the morning so I'm nervous about the results and the test! UGH! I just want My life back, I want a good nights sleep, I want to stop being the blubbering wreck I've turned into, not to much to ask ladies but I doubt we'll get it.

• Posted

hi mamamia

it really is horrid isnt it. I had an endoscopy honestly I've had so many tests for so many symptoms its crazy but they all come back fine even though they can see things dont look right. the only test that shows something is wrong is my once lifelong absolute normal blood pressure is now constantly really high.

we ladies sure got the short end of the stick.

• Posted

Yes and it is completely gone now with the following changes:

-tilt bed up (used old think university text books on top two posts)

-minimize dairy and gluten (in fact pretty much cut it out)

-and of course, try not to eat a big meal before bed

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering, yes i think i have worse reflux now than before, i have a hiatal hernia which doesnt help! I dont eat just before bed and that includes fluids and i also have the top end of my bed raised which helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.