Has anyone every had a swollen gland from anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suffer with severe health anxiety, which had improve for a while but now has rocketed out of control again because i was ill for a month over christmas and new year.. just the fluey thing that most people had

But im left with a swollen painless glad in my right side of my neck, im going to the doctors this afternoon as its been there too long but im terrified they will say it is lyphnoma and that i am dying

anybody else evr experienced this?

Thank you

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have't but I know people who have. It's not unusual after an illness. But you're gettingit checked and that will put your mind at ease.
  • Posted

Oh, I had that flu at Christmas too and it also kicked my health anxiety into high gear. Ugh!
  • Posted

i thought exactly the same as you when i had an inflammed gland it should be ok mine is also at the right hand side of my neck if you can move it around and it isnt really hard and fixed then you shouldnt have nothing to worrie about my in about a pea sized gland and doctors said mine was ok as she could move it around and that mine has been there months and stayed the same size 
    • Posted

Thank you for the reassurance, mine is quite fixed in place however i do have a large gland under my chin that is quite fixed in place that nobody else i know has and the doctors have said thats fine (its been there for years) so im obviously prone to that sort of thing, 

it does make me feel better that you also have one as i dont knw anybody who has had a swollen gland that a. has been there for more than a week and b. isnt painful!

Hopefully the doctor will say that its fine this afternoon, i do feel as though my throat is restricted today but i also understand that that is a symptom of anxiety so im trying not to associate the two! thank you so much, when you say yours moves around, mines more of a flat eye shaped one if you know what i mean

Thanks for your comforting words <3

>

>

• Posted

its also worth mentioning that i do have exactly the same shaped thing the ther side of my neck just a lot smaller - also fixed in place and painless, hence why i assumed it was a gland
    • Posted

yeah sort of but when you push on it can you roll it around and is it a normal pea sized gland mine isnt painfull either if it has stayed the same size for ages then its also no cause for concern im sure you will get on well at the doctors and they will say it is nothing to worrie about and i used to suffer from a lump feeling in my throat which is a globas sensation i used to constantly cough to try and get it up but nothing mine went away after starting citalopram which is used for anxiety and depression i feel alot better now 
    • Posted

Yeah you can roll it side to side!

Thank you so much you've made me feel so much better, I'm looking forward to the doctors now rather than dreading it!

• Posted

thats a great sign that you can roll it about as this shows it is not fixed ion place your doctors will examine all of your gland ares like around your back your neck and behind your ears let me no how you get on sure you will be ok
    • Posted

Thank you so muhc for your help, youve eased my anxiety almost completely and i dont have the lump feeling in my throat anymore. looking forward to going to the docs, and them hopefully saying its harmless and me carrying n with everyday life!
    • Posted

glad ive helped you hope things go well sure they will smile xx
  • Posted

Iv had two swollen lymph nodes on back of my neck for about 10 years I'm 22 and I still worry its lymphoma with health anxiety but it's been 10 years iv been told sometimes they never go down after been infected and it's common xx
  • Posted

Hi courtney hope everything went ok at the doctors? Ive not experienced this myself but i have a 2 year old daughter who has these bean sized lumps either side of her neck which are soft and very movable ive been to doctors twice already as i thought the worst beings i suffer terrible H.A and they said its lynph nodes and wasnt concerned im thinkibg of taking her again tomoro just foer more ressurance really, she has just got over a cold nd i understand swollen glands are common and rarely a cause for concern, by looking at the other comments it seems ur gland is ok, how big would u say your gland is? Xx
    • Posted

Ahh from the comments above that's so good that you can roll her glands around! I'm sure she is perfectly healthy but it must be so hard having health anxiety and kids!!! I can't even imagine how much I would worry! Ahhhhhh! Lol.

The doctor was really good if your a normal person lol but when your suffering from anxiety felt really vague, he took y temperature and said I had a bit of a temperature, and had a good feel, he said that it seemed normal and nothing to worry about, didn't think it was anything like a tumour or leukaemia-even him mentioning those words made me want to cry lol, and he gave me some antibiotics incase it was from an illness as my temperature was slightly high, but the thing that bothered me was that he also said if it doesn't go down from the antibiotics and it still worried me I could go back and have blood tests and an mri scan which I know is good of him but it also makes me scared that there is some reality to my horrid worries!! I would have rather him say I was absolutely ridiculous and nothing was wrong with me obviously lol.

Anyway with regards to your throat lump that is definatley anxiety! I would literally be full on having a mental breakdown if I hadn't experienced that due to stress in the past!

I hope that you aren't suffering too much with your throat?

And thank you for asking about my glands :-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.