Has anyone experienced these symptoms with tietze syndrome?

Posted , 52 users are following.

I have experienced symptoms of this syndrome for sometime, but have only recently received a diagnosis.

As well as symptoms of pain in the chest, neck and arms I have also been experiencing an irregular heartbeat and abdominal discomfort.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

3 likes, 84 replies

84 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi my stomach feels uncomfy too when l ahve the costo going on the sternum area sad l also have palpatations but l have thyroid probs too so dont know if its connected x
  • Posted

I too have had this syndrome for over 3 years. This latest bout I am suffering from at the moment is one of the worst I've had. The pain is usually confined to the front of my body, on the left, and going down my arm but with this latest bout it seems to also be affecting my back. I have tried reflexology, physio and take painkillers. I have read that steroid injection may help. Has anyone had this? I have appointment with my doctor today to enquire about the validity of this method of treatment. I too become very down about this and there also seems to be no trigger for it. I also have a problem, like Wild1, when I am unable to work and my colleagues are not too sympathetic.
    • Posted

Hi. My 19 yr. old daughter had trigger point injections 2 weeks ago. She started feeling less pain 4 days later. On the 6th day, she was in agony. The pain had spread to her back & shoulder. I have never seen her so swollen and red. It has taken 3 yrs. to get an answer. How is it that there are no physcians that I can find that can alleviate the pain!  We live in the US. It may work for you, it could be that we went to another incompetent Dr. Good luck, hope we can all get answers soon.  It breaks my heart to see her in tears and I feel helpless.

• Posted

Hi Tammi

Ihave had this for 3yrs now and the doctors have tried everything and nothing has worked when i had my injections of steriod treatment then botoxium and they tried to down regulate the nerves i was good for a couple days then it would really flare up and make me worse they just dont know what to do next i even saw a surgeon to see if they could go in and sort it the answer was no as they think they could make things worse i just dont understand how the docs cant help people with this it is so dibilatating and gets you really down i am no longer able to drive or work i dont go out the house as feel so unwell all the time i feel my life is over and there is no hope out there for any cure i wish you luck and all you can do is be there for your daughter and try and understand what she is going through

• Posted

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with Tietze's after 2 years of pain.It first started in my back after having Pleurosy, i tried everything for this pain-Ten's machine, anti-depressants,massage, chiropractic treatment and finally a steroid injection, which REALLY hurt and did nothing for the pain in the long term.I got Pleurosy again just before Xmas and now I have such severe pain in my chest and back, I can barely breath and talk let alone move.They just keep telling me to rest and that there is no cure.I am now going to try acupuncture so we'll see how that goes.I really don't know what to do with myself at the moment and no-one is much help.I also have an under active thyroid and cannot tell if the symptons are from the Tietzes or the thyroid.I have headaches, nausea, am really lethargic,get heart plapitations,dizziness, bad haemorroids and an upset stomach.Also my left arm gets very numb and achy and sometimes my leg aswell.

I know how everyone is feeling and hope that we can find something to make life normal again!

• Posted

Hi everyone I am 47 male and haven't been diagnosed yet, although have a lot of the symptoms I have read on here. My chest pain is not too bad but effects my left arm more sometimes restricting movement. I also get slight pain up the front of my neck and the top of my chest. I don't really experience any breathlessness but have had palpitations and dizziness and sometimes feels like a bit of a flutter. Does anyone else experience this ?. My breast bone can be sore if pressed and I seem to have a swelling at the end of the breast bone.
  • Posted

Hi Warby,

It does sound like Tietzes but its worth checking all other options aswell.Tietzes is the inflammation and swelling of the joints where the lung and ribs meet the breast bone and also the spine.The docs told me that it mostly occurs in the higher ribs but i also am quite swelled and sore around the bottom of my breast bone and my last rib so you are not alone with this.

Hope u get to the bottom of it soon smile

• Posted

[quote:a724100e7b=\"maur \"]I have experienced symptoms of this syndrome for sometime, but have only recently received a diagnosis.

As well as symptoms of pain in the chest, neck and arms I have also been experiencing an irregular heartbeat and abdominal discomfort.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?[/quote:a724100e7b]

I'm not sure about \"irregular\", but I would say that I experience a faster, more noticeable heartbeat.

The only problem is that it is not usually over 100, so would be considered \"normal\" anyway. But I don't think that it's that normal to be 80-90 at rest, when at other times I can be 65!

My fear is that this is a thing in the mind - I am always aware of it. I don't want it to get the better of me, so I try as best I can to ignore and fight it.

Good luck.

• Posted

I get pain down the arm into the palms, up the neck, under the armpits and upper chest (mainly on the left side)..sometimes it refers to the right side.

It has affected me badly in the past 4 months and has been painful at work.

I have posted a seperate post on Traditional Chinese Medicine which may be of interest.

I think a lot of the symptoms posted on here are also symptoms caused by anxiety form the pain we are getting (which I find makes it worse!) or any kind of stress for that matter.

By the way before I got this condition I lost a lot of weight purposly on an atkins style diet...anyone else lost some weight, then contracted this condtion?

Anyway must get on!

Miles

• Posted

Hi miles, ive been suffering since the end of august 08, i dont get too many pains in my chest, but my chest constantly feels strange, like theres pressure on it, i get back pain too, and sometimes get abit breathless, i have better days than others, however i constantly worry about what is wrong with me. Ive had chest xray and blood tests and it stops me doing normal everyday things. Also my job is stressful and im not sure if sometimes it is anxiety aswell. Im only 20 aswell! Anyway i did lose quite abit of weight in a short amount of time in summer 06 to about december 06 i lost about just over 2 stone, however i have put some of that back on now. I have also wondered if that had anything to do with it

cheers.

Nikki

• Posted

Yes...I had wondered whether my body had \"burnt away\" some cartlidge or fat around the muscles during my weight loss period....or whether this was a coincidence.

Could possibly that my body had used the cartlidge as well as the fat during the weight loss process...but then again many people lose weight with out any problems!

Just wish we knew the answer!...then we could find a solution!

• Posted

Yeah....i wish we could find the answer, gets so depressing after this long! I was told at first i just had some virus in my chest, im not sure, i got it after id done alot of overtime in the summer, and the place i work(in a shop) upstairs has very poor air conditioning and no windows so was very hot in the summer, with only 1 or 2 air vents with air coming in from outside, so i kind of thing i may have picked up something to cause a bit of a virus then causing this. Just want to know what it is!
  • Posted

Has anyone visited an oteopath or chiropracter recently..I recently posted an extract from a chiropracter (see NECK PAIN)..on how he thought he caused it.

Just a thought......

• Posted

I had seen an chiropractor before all of this started for me. I had dizziness and neck pain and went to the chiropractor. Then he started adjusting me and one day I had chest pain. I saw him once after to see if he could make it go away but I had no luck.
  • Posted

I have had Tietze for 10yrs now. My worst bout was when I was diagnosed. They have now discovered that it is affecting my hands as well. Most days are good days, but when the bad days hit it is sooooo painful, I get pain in my back as well was my chest and hands. I have been told there is a treatment but they will not try my on it at my age (33yrs old) as the side effect are not good and one lady has just come off it because of the side effects. I use Diclofenic when it kicks off, still really painful at time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.