Has anyone found it had to lose weight

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I been on orilstat for just over 2 weeks and haven't lost a llb I have stuck to a low fat diet with no treats and still haven't lost. I need to lose about 6 stone

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine

I started Orlistat last week and have been on a low fat diet (I downloaded an app called Nutracheck and I track everything I eat. It sounds hard but I find it good and I've not felt hungry. I weighed myself this morning and in one week I've lost 1st 5lb, this may sound a lot but I weighed over 32st so to start with my weight loss will be good but I just wanted to tell you they do work.

• Posted

Hi from Toronto Canada where the snow covers much of my little property. I have been on Orlistat for 2 1/2 weeks and have not lost a pound. I will keep trying but it is getting depressing.
  • Posted

Hi guys, I'm no longer taking them as the doctor won't give me anymore sad but if your having no more than 15g of fat per meal and nothing over 5g of fat the weight should come off.

I followed those rules and stuck to 1400 calories a day and lost 3 stone in 6 months.

Good luck guys, you still have to work hard they are not magic pills smile

• Posted

Hi, I'm on my third week and have lost 1 lb. I could cry!

I put all my present ailments down to my weight (14.12sg) GORD, aching knees and insomnia.

I wonder if I'll every get back into my favourite trousers again.

• Posted

Hi, I don't know why the weights not coming off as without the tablets you should all be loosing.

I think if you try and calorie count too as you could still be eating more than you're burning even if you're low fat. These pills will only help you alone the way you still have to work hard.

I will give you a typical food day for me and I was loosing on average 3lb - 4lb a week to start but it does slow down the smaller you get.

Breakfast - oat so simple

Mid morning snack- apple

Lunch - small portion of tomato pasta

Snack - go a head bar

Dinner- chicken salad

Breakfast- poached eggs on wholemeal small no butter

Mid morning snack - 20 grapes

Lunch - oxtail soup 1 wholemeal small

Smack - muller light

Dinner - 4 small new potatoes seabass loads of veg or salad.

Don't drink booze and full fat fizzy all had to be diet.

Plenty of water smile

• Posted

Thank u for the replies my daily diet consists of a sml low fat natural yoghurt over saltana bran, mid morning snack is an apple, lunch is usually what I cooked for dinner the night before which is a chick stir fry made with lots of veg and a spray of fry light, or I have a jacket potato with beans. All my snacks have been apples and I drink tea with skinned milk or green tea and only water I haven't even had a diet coke. Could it be I am not having enough fat? I haven't had to rush to the toilet yet. I currently weigh 19 stone so I have along way to go
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine, you wont have the side effects or rush to the loo unless you go off track so it means you're doing it right!! Your diet sounds spot on im very confused why the weights not dropping off you??

Have you had your thyroid checked? Maybe try counting how many calories you're having and make sure its at least 1500 as your body may have gone into starvation and storing it if you're not eating enough??

Very odd?? Sorry I cant help you anymore! Let me know how you get on, good luck hun.

• Posted

Are you exercising more ? I try and go for a 40-60 minute walk or an intense 15 minute workout atleast every other day, I lost 4.4 pounds in the first 2 weeks, it's usually 2 pounds a week or there abouts, hope this helps and oh I'm sticking to about 5 grams per meal or there abouts not 15 like some people are saying
  • Posted

I have been exercising as I walk to & from work I been for a 40 min walk this eve so going to try that each night til I end up to running speed again. Just gutted not losing any weight and yet am religiously sticking to a low fat diet
  • Posted

You don't even need to get up to running speed, being stressed out can stop your from losing weight so make the walk a relaxing one, moderate speed 40 mins is fine even doing that every other day then go on youtube and do a cardio workout the day you don't walk so your mixing it up, trust me after 5-6 mins your sweating buckets. And hang in there, i have heard it doesn't kick in until atleast 1-2 weeks so you might start losing in the third or fourth week

Good luck smile x

• Posted

@lorraine48654 It' worked for me i started at 19.5 stone and a size 24 now a 12-14 after less than a year some people have mentioned on here before that they didn't lose weight on these but if was you i would stick with it give it time everyone is different. Even with no exercise you would still lose weight on these tablets give it another 2 weeks then weigh yourself then even if it's a few pounds it's better off than on
  • Posted

Thank u all for your comments I will stick at, it's just upsetting when most people have lost weight and I can't even lose a llb here's hoping this week some comes off. I have until Jun 15 to have lost 5% of my body weight
  • Posted

That's quite a while i was told to lose that within 4 weeks good luck smile
  • Posted

I'm confused as without any tablets or even exercise the wight should be dropping off with what your eating alone???? You're either in starvation mode or you're portions are far too big!

These tablets just stop you from eating crap as most people don't want side effects and to slightly speed it up with the small amount of fat you do eat.

• Posted

Weight even lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.