Has anyone had a bad experience increasing Mirtazapine from 30 to 45 mg and how long did it take to start feeling better?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just increased my Mirtazapine from 30 mg to 45 mg. I know it's only the second day but I am having the most horrendous experience. Can anyone tell me if they had this experience. I have now gone from 15 to 45 mg. The only drug that really worked for me was Venlafaxine which I took off and on for over ten years. Unfortunately in October 2012 it stopped working. I was then tried on double the dose followed by Sertraline but to no avail. In April 2013 I asked if I could try Van. again and it worked from April until September 2013. The 15 mg of Mirtazapine worked fantastically for about two and half months but then stopped working. I was on 30 mg for 8 weeks and still felt bad so GP suggested the 45 mg.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, ive been battling with this drug for a while.   I have just had a trial of sertraline to see if it mifht be better.  Sent me into massive anxiety and nausea, ended up discontinuing and back to mirtazapine.   Every time imtry to increase dose drom 7.5 it starts the anxiety and agitation.  The sleep i find is a bit helpful   Ut just cannot raise the dosage, any ehlp out there?
  • Edited

I was on Lustral, 50 mg , and it worked well for many years. Then at the beginning of this year it stopped working. I was put on 15mg Mirtazapine and for about 4months it worked like a dream. Felt real good inside. Then about 10 days ago it stopped working so I was put on 30 mgs but no success . It gives me a good 8/9 hours sleep but I wake in the morning feeling like hell. nervy, anxious, suicidal,etc. These feelings can last for the most of the day. Evenings are better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.