Has anyone had a biopsy for their LS?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I was referred to Gynae recently and saw them 2 weeks ago re LS.  I was told I would have to have a biopsy.   The consultant I saw didn't even examine me!  I was actually in and out of that consultation room within 10 minutes.  So today I receive a telephone call from Admissions saying they were sorry they have only just received my referral and could I attend in the morning!!

Has anyone had a biopsy and did it make LS worse and what was the outcome; did they offer anything other than the Clob?

Thank you!

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I recently had a biopsy on 11/01/17. I'm awaiting the results. With the exception of some minor itching (tested and do not have a yeast infection) and the fact that my vulva and area around my anus lost its pigmentation, she said she couldn't say it was LS or not, hence, the biopsy. I can tell you, the shot to numb the area was very "uncomfortable", but not the worse discomfort. I am hoping that I don't have LS and more importantly, no vulva cancer, but why at 57 would I lost pigmentation in my genital area.

• Posted

Hi Angela and thanks for your reply.  The consultant told me they would take about 5 samples, how many did they take with you?  I still can't understand why he didn't even examine me and then refer me for biopsy.  Do you have white patches?  I wish you all the best with your results x

• Posted

Hi Toni, she only took one sample. I dont have the white patches that others have described. I am an African American, not real dark skin, but it's as if I lost the color or melatonin. My gyno is new and I was grateful that she did an exam, then recommended the biopsy, which was done in office. i still have some minor itching, but pending diagnosis, I am using organic coconut oil, that I ordered from Amazon. Your gyno sounds like an insensitive turd!! I hope that you are able to find someone who is at least empathetic regarding what you are going through and truly interested in helping you. God Bless.

• Posted

Ah Angela, you are so right about the insensitive turd!!!  That make me chuckle!

How are you getting on with the organic coconut oil?  It seems to be quite popular amongst the ladies.  I haven't tried it yet.

Thank you for your kind words, best wishes x

• Posted

Hi Toni, today my doctor called me with the results of my biopsy; I do have L.S. I am so grateful that the biopsy was negative from cancer, but I spent most of the afternoon, crying because I felt like I was "losing" something with having the L.S. I was prescribed the Clobetasol, once at night for 4 weeks, twice a week for 4 weeks, then twice a week thereafter. Prior to the diagnosis, the coconut oil was helping with the itching. I love the stuff. I use it on my hair and as a moisturizer. Right now, despite reading all of these posts, I feel lost, overwhelmed and now numb. There are women in this forum who have symptoms much worse than mine. I don't have the skin tearing or fusing, yet. I just need to wrap my head around this.

• Posted

Hi Angela, apologies for not replying sooner... I'm pleased you got a positive result from your biopsy; albeit LS. At least you know what you have and it is treatable, although not curable. Mine didn't bother me for a good few years until recently. I think the menopause has something to do with it. I saw a different consultant a couple of weeks ago and she did examine me this time and said I should have a biopsy under General anesthetic!! Was yours done under GA? Hugs to you.

• Posted

Hi Toni!! 💓My doctor gave me local for my biopsy. The needle that was used to apply the numbing solution hurt more than the biopsy.

• Posted

Sounds as though you have caught it early before any fusing.  I hope you manage to stop any fusing happening.  The "Experiment with Borax" thread seems to suggest that it can be done.  Good Luck. 

• Posted

Hi,

I have been diagnosed today with L.S. and had a biopsy done. They removed 3 samples of skin from around the vulva/ vagina area. The needle with the anistetic in really hurt and was very unpleasant, but it didn't last long and the actual biopsy was fine.

The biopsy was to check for any abnormalities like cancer (although she did express how unlikely she thought that would be) and to confirm diagnosis, even though she is sure it's L.S.

It is most usual in menopausel women although it can affect anyone (I'm only 25 myself)

Hugs, Rachel smile

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

Many thanks for your reply. Have you had your result yet? I am now told I have to have a biopsy under General anaesthetic which I'm not too happy about.

I don't think stressing about it helps, but that's all I keep doing!!

Hugs to you

• Posted

Hi rachel i ran across this forum and i might have ls as well! Had a biopsy yesterday and i felt it hurt really bad and now i have stitches down there! I started seeing these white spots in my vulva area about 6 mths ago and i am only  40. I did alot of reading on this and hear it can be related to hormonal imbalances, auto immune, maybe thyroid, linked to using to scented items down there. I started doing allergy shots about 6 mths ago as well and wandering if maybe that is linked as well! Inflammatory responses to what I am already alergic to. My female dr treated me as if i was nasty and seemed to have never seen this before! That worried me until i came across everyone’s post here! I am healthy, not even menopausal yet and not sure how this happend but i feel like i have a std now! What happens after the biopsy results? Any suggestions on meds or how to get rid of it?
  • Posted

Hello Toni44td

I was having a gynae examination about something else and my consultant started muttering about a biopsy as he suspected LS. I had one (not as bad as I expected) and it didn't flare up as a result, but at yesterday's consultation, (about 6 years later from the initial diagnosis) he told me he wanted me to have another one soon. 

• Posted

Hi there! I had my biopsy about 2 mths ago. I started seeing my area go white some and freaked out!Thought it was vulva cancer! Anyways, I hated the painful biopsy and wanted to cry when i read upon this stuff and pretty much diagnosed myself! The biopsy came back as ls and they prescribed cream. Mine hasn’t went away! I feel like I have a STD down there! I just don’t understand how it can just happen all of a sudden! I feel depressed about it as well! I know women deal with it way better than me! I did read read about autoimmune disease related to it as well! 
    • Posted

Hi connie, how often are you applying the cream? Do you still have white plaques of skin?
    • Posted

Yea i still have some especially at the top area. The area around the vulva still has some white 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.