Has anyone had an outbreak in your mouth?

Posted , 9 users are following.

After biopcy, My GYN confirmed I had Lichen Sclerosus. He has me on the creams. When I went for my follow up a couple of weeks ago I told him I thought I had the same thing breaking out in my mouth. He said you can not get it in the mouth.  The symtoms seemed the same except the liesons in my mouth hurt MUCH more!  I found an article from the US NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE, NATIONAL INSTITUT OF HEALTH that says it is rare, but you can have an outbreak in the mouth.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3157816/

Has anyone else had a mouth problem and have been told the same as I was??  

I'm in severe pain in my mouth to the point I can't put anything in it  It even hurts to swallow!  I am trying to find a Dr. that can treat this..  My primary doctor is on vacation, so I may go to ER to get some to relief for the pain.

The report I found says cases of the mouth are very rare. If any of you are having red, painful leisons in your mouth you may want to look in the direction of Lichen Sclerosus.  

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Shirley, I have both LP and LS of the vulva. I also have a friend who has LP

of the oral mucosa and another colleague who has LS in their arm pit.

Apparently both can affect any part of the body but the mouth and vulva

are the most uncomfortable. My Dermatologist said that I should inform my Dentist

that I had vulval LS & LP. When I did, just a couple of weeks ago at my check up, she

was really pleased and explained that it can not be transferred from one area to another

but it highlights the vulnerability of a person and allows a thorough check of the

mouth. So we should all be informing our dentists.

• Posted

Shirley have you ever had any abnormal cervical smears in the past
    • Posted

What treatment do you get for the mouth?  I'm trying to find a dentist that will take my medicare..it's hard.  I see my reg. doc today, so hopefully he'll give me some guideance. 

• Posted

I believe my friend has found relief in changing her diet and now

eats a very low acid diet. She was also prescribed some sort of oral

steroid treatment and a local anaesthetic paste. I will see her soon

and find out exactly what.

• Posted

Shirley, I spoke to my friend yesterday. Her mouth is good at the

moment, she does eat acid foods but in moderation and too much

causes a flare up. Her dentist has treated her with something

called Pimecrolimus cream which she uses twice daily when it

is bad. She had a really bad flare up at Christmas which she

believes was triggered by red wine. Her Dentist put her on oral

steroids to control it and this was successful. She says she

will never drink wine again. 😥 Hope this helps and that you get

on top of things.

• Posted

Shirley, I spoke to my friend yesterday and she says her mouth is

really good at the moment. She does eat acid foods but in

moderation and not at all when she has a flare up.

Her dentist has treated her with something called Pimecrolimus

cream which she applies twice daily when she has symptoms.

She had a really bad flare up at Christmas she believes was

triggered by red wine. Her dentist prescribed oral steroids which

worked. She says she will never drink wine again😥

I hope this helps and that you can get on top of your symptoms.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. My primary doctor precribed some meds for me for the mouth. 1 is a steroid pill that I let melt on and spit out.  My drugstore had to order it so I haven't got to use yet..hopefully they will have it today.

• Posted

Hi Shirley,  My regular Dentist sent me to an MD, DMD. he is the one who helped me and cleared it up after the biopsy.I live in Florida, he is the only one I know of here but there could be more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.