Has anyone had success with Mirtazapine?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, have any of you had success managing Anxiety and Poor sleep with Mirtazapine 15mg ?

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Zen,

If you want a great nights sleep without feeling as if you were recovering from jet lag, give GABA a try it is amino based product and you will just relax and the garbage truck will leave your mind. Also even after a few weeks you can stop without going through utter hell. What do they say on all anti depressant medications, "THIS MEDICATION IS NOT ADDICTIVE" If this is the case, why do I see thousands attempting to quit? GABA Powder is best and go for the pharmaceutical grade. When we die the priest says, "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" We are all natural like rock, sand, soil, air, water and not some test tube created pill. Is it little wonder we are all getting sick, when the same chemicals are used in farming.

Bill

• Posted

Robert,

Not my words copied gamma-Aminobutyric acid

Description

gamma-Aminobutyric acid, or γ-aminobutyric acid, or GABA, is the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system. Its principal role is reducing neuronal excitability throughout the nervous system. In humans, GABA is also directly responsible for the regulation of muscle tone. Wikipedia

Molar mass: 103.12 g/mol

Formula: C4H9NO2

IUPAC ID: 4-aminobutanoic acid

Melting point: 203.7 °C

Boiling point: 247.9 °C

Density: 1.11 g/cm³

Look up GABA on the web you will lots of information. Honestly I have told many people about it and they are so pleased that I did.

Bill I also use The words like natural ways to cure anxiety, depression and you will be surprised what you find. There is more to nutrition than medics actually understand.

Bill

• Edited

Everyone has their own response to medication. As to mirtazapine, I started at 15mg and found it great for sleep but not much help for anxiety (GAD). Upped to 30mg and pretty much the same so added 10 mg escitalopram (Lexapro) and had a somewhat better experience. On this cocktail for a little over a year.

I'm thinking of dropping the Lexapro and see what happens.

There are many horror stories on here concerning Mirtazapine but I think there are many more success stories that you don't hear about.

It's up to you.

• Posted

i started on 15mg but didnt help at all. went on 30mg and helped my anxiety only slightly but still didnt sleep. im now on 45mg mirtazepine and it relaxes me and sends me off to sleep. I wake up refreshed in mornings but everyone is different i just thought id tell you my experience with themxx

• Posted

James, nice to hear from a fellow Mirt + Escitalopram combination taker! I haven't seen many out there. I've been on this combination for just over a year now. How are you finding it and do you mind me asking what doses you're on?

I also concur that everyone had a different experience. The weight gain is a fact and isn't great, there is no getting around that. But I will forever be grateful for the Mirtazapine in helping get my out of the utter torture I was in from the episodes of very severe insomnia (no other sleeping pill or drug worked for me). I have also had a positive experience with both Escitalopram and Mirtazapine for anxiety, although I'm still on that journey.

It's a fact that for the majority of people coming off any drug (either Mirt or any SSRI) is very hard unless you accept it needs to be a very slow taper, and even then there will be bumps. But it is possible.

• Edited

yes it works pretty quick. on it 7 months and was a Life saver for me. Could not eat or sleep due to bereavement. It rectified all that. It calms u down and sleep well. may feel groggy first few weeks of talking it but this wears off. If 15 mg too much then try half a tablet, 7.5 mg. this is the dose used for insomnia as lower dose more sedating. Tapered off it slowly when i was feeling better. Been off four months. feel fine now.

• Posted

So the lower dose more sweating, What does 45mg of mirtazapine exactly do? Is it more of an anti depressant and less sedative.

• Posted

lower dose more sedative I meant is that right? What's 45mg for mainly then.

• Posted

45mg helps me get off to sleep and lightens my depression somewhat. Im coping with a lot of things at once at the moment and id say 45mg has been a lifesaver for me

• Posted

Thank you for posting a positive reply - there are so many negative stories out there because quite often those with the positive stories don't take time out to post about it in a forum 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.