Has anyone had tingling and numbness coming off cit?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I have been reducing Citalopram since mid september, from 20mg and am now on 10mg. Its been tough, and I have now developed hemiplegia down rightside of body and muscle weakness and am being tested for MS. I have also been diagnosed today with Hemiplegic cluster migraines, had already been diagnosed with hemi migraines a few years back, not sure why I am being re diagnosed but was. The coincidence and timing of all these symptoms which started at beginning of my tapering when the doctors gave me liquid citalopram which I had an extreme reaction too hasnt escaped me. Has anyone experienced something similar?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Everyone, I went cold Turkey nearly two weeks ago due to being rushed into hospital for a CT scan. I have been experiencing awful withdrawal, and am unable to work. I wanted to say to anyone reading this, that I do not agree with cold turkey off celexa at all. I only did this with the support of my doctor and due to the side effects that may be or may not be caused by celexa. The best way to come off this is to slowly taper over a period of weeks to avoid awful side effects. This is what I have read so often on this forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.