Has anyone has a problem with weight loss?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know normally one of the sympton of menopause is weight gain but I've been losing weight. I know my diet is very restrictive because of my digestion issues. My anxiety is out of control and everything I eat brings stress on my body. I start

Shaking especially in the stomach. I've been having acid reflux so bad feels like something in my throat and i feel a hot sensation coming from the throat.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I have the gastritis also, never had it before peri, and eliminated gluten and grains, and sugar as well as all processed foods, I have a very strict diet and the weight is just melting off of me too. I have lost 20lbs but I needed to lose that 20lbs anyways. But now I don't want to lose anymore and not sure what to do either, because if I eat anything other than what I've been eating I react too. So not sure, but I have to very soon start adding more foods, or double eating what I've been and don't really have an appetite for that..

• Posted

Like you I need to add more foods but I dont want to worsen it. My appetite hasn't been the greatest lately. The last i checked i had lost 20 lbs and that was last month. I'm too afraid to check again though I can tell that I've lost more. I really can't afford to lose any more. At one point, I was trying to ain back but I lost my appetite and lost the pound or two I've gained. I ordered this weight gain shake. I just received it today. I hope it works for me!

How long have you been dealing with the gastritis?

I

• Posted

Hi Mary, I never thought that gastritis could be menopause related.  However I see that many people have gastritis during their menopause.  I’ve been suffering on and off.  The first time for 3 years.  I was sooo happy when it was over and had 2 wonderful years.  I was heartbroken when it came back with a vengeance in October 2017 and I have it since then.   I can’t take PPIs nor Ranitidine (H2 blockers).   How are you doing ?  Were you able to get over you’re gastritis ?
  • Posted

Yes I loat quite abit of weight because had gastitis lost my appetite and felt nauseous, I had the shaking of the stomach with gastitis it was where the linning was inflammed are you on PPi's? Have you hacan endoscopy? Im pleased to say the gastitis cleared after a long time and my weight went the other way too much, so I dieted and am back to normal weight!

• Posted

I wish I could find a way to burn some of this fat. Exercise doesn't help in my stomach area. That's where I've gained the most. I know I'm not always eating healthy all the time either. Pastas, breads and french fries are my biggest downfall.

Any suggestions on the weightloss wpuld be helpful.

• Posted

Dear didio

The only way I managed to get the extra stone off was cut down on carbs like bread I used to have for breakfast but exchanged it for porridge or eggs (no bread) and potatoes I cut out I make cauliflower mash instead! But at weekends I allow the carbs plus I swim a few days a week it seem to work for me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.