Has anyone improved bone density by adding herbal infusions and collagen peptides

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,   I’m 56 with spinal osteoporosis.  Hips are okay.  I’ve chosen the natural path in dealing with improving bone density.  I’ve recently added  marine collagen peptides, and herbal infusions of nettles and oatstraw to my already healthy diet.  The herbal infusions are packed with minerals.... especially calcium.  But also have important trace minerals like silica and boron.  I’m drinking 1-2 cups daily.  

I’ve only added the collagen and herbal infusions a month ago.  It will be nearly a year before my next scan.  Has anyone added these to their diet?  Has anyone’s bone density improved after doing so?  Is anyone taking a comfrey infusion?

I’m also taking the usual D3, K2, Omega 3’s, and some extra Mag.  I no longer take calcium supplements as I get plenty in my diet.   And, of course weight bearing exercises.

I’m hoping the collagen and herbal infusions are going to be the missing link.  One thing that has already improved is my skin!  It has become softer, and more smooth.   

Thanks,

Sharon A

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tamin,

I don't think you get OP in just one vertebrae... it will be in most or all of your spine. It doesn't mean all or any vertebrae will fracture. But, you do need to take care of your whole spine, and try to prevent fractures.

I sustained a compression fracture of T12 in 2015. That was how I found out I had OP in my spine. Thankfully, recovered well.

Sharon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.