Has anyone out there been cured of Gastritis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have Gastritis and just come off Lansoprazole and onto Omeprazole 30mg once a day.

Glad to find you can take it with food .Im generally ok during the day but things get worse at night with reflux acid burning my throat .I'm thinking of taking Omeprazole at midday so it lasts further into the night as the reflux is effecting my sleep I'm already raising bed small meals nothing after 7pm .

When do people take their Omeprazole?

Don't want to increase dose but maybe another 20mg at night would help .

Also has anyone out there been cured of Gastritis

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You can get Omeprazole 40DR ( Delay release) so it last all day long. Or you cna take Omeorazole 20mg twice daily.  But for nights is best Raniditine 150mg.   Now, keep in mind this does not cure you.  You need to control what you eat, how you eat and when you eat. Start by eliminating food with Gluten and Maybe Dairy unless you wnat to take medication for the rest of your life which will increase with time the dose and even lose effectivemess.
  • Posted

I can now gladly say that i am cured of gastritis. Been suffering from it for 3 months. Been on omeprazole for about 2 months.  Went on a steamed diet for 2 months with lots of fruit and veggies. Then for almost 3 weeks now, no more gastritis symptons. smile i am so happy. I thought I would suffer for a longer time. So for anyone who is suffering from it, know that you can survive this. Eat healthy! smile
    • Posted

Drinking lots of water also helped too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.