Has anyone really learned anything from all this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been reading some interesting books the last few days and its making me think. We all know for a fact we all get a set amount of time in this lifetime. Right? We all know we are filled with fear, for various reasons some we know and some we dont. But we are living fearful lives..right? Why? I get the malfunction, i get embalances and i get processing disorders of all sorts.. But has anyone stopped to think what the heck we are doing to ourselves  or why? Was our expectations off? Are we trapped in the "unfair" trap?  Maybe this is a learnig experience of some sort. I have no clue. But im trying to wake myself up and see that this is just a set amount of time we are to experience life to its fullest and this isnt it. Some say they have a fear of death and thats what drives it. How  is that possible? Living in fear and pain and self sabatoge and torture would never be the opposite of fearing death..is it? I dont have that fear so i dont know.  we were all somewhere before we were born so i dont know what to even be afraid of in that regard. I do fear suffering, experienced it long enough to fear that. But i cant figure out what we are all doing and why we except this fearful life sentence as real, as a way of life. If someone came to you and said you have x  years to live..would you spend it being so scared? Thats the reality of all this. Its so odd  to me. Is it really out of our control to enjoy life? I dont think so. I dont. I dont have the answer here but life is what we make it, thats for sure so i want to how to wake uo already and live and see the world and embrace its beauty. The mind is not an organ, its intangible, cant xray it or mri it so someone help me understand what world we have created and why. And more importantly why dont we wake up and see maybe this is a choice somehow. I dont know. I want to hear people thoughts on this. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Interesting. ..

I think we all would like to feel better. To feel as though we were in the place where we were prior to us having anxiety, panic or any other mental disorder. We continue to search for our old self, and if we don't find it quickly we become discouraged. The longer we live with it .... I think_ we accept it, but everyone's view on what they are going through is pretty individual and I think that's why we can relate to each other, but there is also a very isolating part of the disorder.

I know in my situation /disorder. I try to be as positive as I can, but I literally think we all have something In common with our brain. The very reason we all are looking for answers. Yes I think we have created a cycle In our brains that is hard to get out of. Everyone has a story and we may not know what triggered all of it. But we mostly all end up with the same mental and physical aspects of each individual disorder.

I pray all the time that I can get better. I do have faith. But I always say it will be on God's clock not mine.

• Posted

I dont understand the last line. What does that mean? You blame God for this? Im not convinced this isnt somehow free will we all think like this. Thats what im wondering. 
    • Posted

If the power of prayer is effective I would hope it would solve all the war and famine in the world first

Lil

• Posted

No I do not blame God at all. I do think he allows suffering, but I have my own reason as to why. I don't completely understand why, but that is where my faith comes in. As others have stated maybe it's a life lesson, or a way to help others.

God will never forsake us. That is what I hold on to.

• Posted

I dont think this is a "punishment" either. Im holding onto to some sort of learning experience. But somehow i think we hold the answers of it inside of us. We have to find that door, or that something that frees us.
  • Posted

C'mon people you all read this and everyone on this site thinks very deeply. This isnt about ailments or symptoms..this runs deeper then all that. Please give your thoughts. Let try and all learn something together. Something useful. A different route to all this this.
    • Posted

I was just watching the music video the title is no choice but to fly in other words we're put here and we have no choice but to fly or try to fly
  • Posted

my belief and this is mine is that before we are born we choose to come back and choose our lives for life lessons to learn and grow. why we choose to come back and suffer i dont know but yes I agree in a lot of respects.for many years i have been down trodden, spoken down to, I have very little confidence or self esteem oh and was bullied as a child and living in a VERY disciplined home. I have suffered anxiety and depression for years but I have realised after this episode (the worst one i have gone through) Hey you are 53 you have allowed others to do what they have to you and  put your self through this I dont know what time i have left here im hoping a good twenty years plus but i know i want to make the most of my life and start to enjoy it. i know it will be hard work but i need to retrain my brain because of all the years living a negative life. it hasnt always been negative i have three beautiful children and my grandchildren who are my world but i suppose they have been my crutch and they shouldnt be they have their own lives i need to start living mine. im hoping with cbt and hypnotherapy i can turn my life around it will take a while for the first time in my life I realise only I CAN CHANGE IT I know for some it will be even harder as they suffer far far more than i do and i believe some can be helped and some cant that isnt being judgemental some just havent the strength to fight and my heart really goes out to those souls. thank you for your post it is an interesting discussion
  • Posted

I would also like to say that i was listen to someone giving an inspirational talk and what they said was when we have a positive thought it makes our body happy when we have a negative one it upsets the body which i believe is true with anxiety it is the fear factor and when we fear we go in to fight mode which will put stress on our bodies as we all know. I focus on something positive and use it as a mantra if you like and keep repeating the positive thought it was so hard a couple of months ago but it is getting easier. I like this forum as its all fact based with genuine people who are going through the same thing as others with varying degrees of anxiety/ depression but there is a lot of support and help as each of us can relate to anothers concern. I have found this really helps and in a lot of ways theraputic as we all share the same concerns and we can help each other 
    • Posted

you have to believe in the mantra too. Even if its an affirmation at first. I think. I believe we change it too. Its the how to part im trying so hard to figure out. I figure i might have twenty something years to go myself so i really want it to be peaceful now myself. This is the last quarter of my life now too.
  • Posted

read the quran, i belive that this illness is a life lesson and najes us stringer and question life it self. so many oeiple on here dont beluve in gid or any faith at all, but like yiu said no mri or xray nor blood test can tell us exactly what the problem is.

so its only more proof that its from god and can be taken away by god! once we learn our lesson and come back to him , he will ease our pain.

i dont know thats my thoughts??

• Posted

sorry about type errors lol
    • Posted

I have had that notion at times. That it was a lack of faith thus messing up the soul and giving us issues. But i am spiritual. So i dont know. I think i agree with the life lesson part. A lesson for the soul of some some sorts. I think this whole thing involves the mind, body and soul as well. i want to finish out my life with peace of mind somehow. If we do chose out lifes or our adventures in this world im coming back as a tybe b, laid back, calm relaxed person because this life has been one heck of a ride for me haha. I hope my soul has learned its lesson, but the end of what you said feels true, if we learned our lesson would we be freed from this? What does that really mean ..would that mean a happy, grateful existence or the end of this experience as a whole. Honestly im okay with either. I used be concerned that my soul would get tainted from so much of what i lived in my life, i have experienced quite a lot, hardship experiences and such and dont get im wrong i am grateful for things i have too.. but ive grown to learn that maybe we are here for a lesson to the soul. A lesson or an adventure chosen by the soul. I dont know. We arent given any true insight of this stuff so i dont know. I love reading everyones thoughts. I love it and i believe everyone holds a bit of truth in all this that why i want people to write their thoughts. We can all learn something, maybe different piece to the whole puzzle eventually. Im surprised more dont write their thiughts. Every one of has thoughts on this. You cant really exist with all this turmoil and not look for whats behind it, or to its core. Right?
  • Posted

There are no wrong answers. All thoughts have a piece of the truth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.