Has anyone really learned anything from all this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been reading some interesting books the last few days and its making me think. We all know for a fact we all get a set amount of time in this lifetime. Right? We all know we are filled with fear, for various reasons some we know and some we dont. But we are living fearful lives..right? Why? I get the malfunction, i get embalances and i get processing disorders of all sorts.. But has anyone stopped to think what the heck we are doing to ourselves  or why? Was our expectations off? Are we trapped in the "unfair" trap?  Maybe this is a learnig experience of some sort. I have no clue. But im trying to wake myself up and see that this is just a set amount of time we are to experience life to its fullest and this isnt it. Some say they have a fear of death and thats what drives it. How  is that possible? Living in fear and pain and self sabatoge and torture would never be the opposite of fearing death..is it? I dont have that fear so i dont know.  we were all somewhere before we were born so i dont know what to even be afraid of in that regard. I do fear suffering, experienced it long enough to fear that. But i cant figure out what we are all doing and why we except this fearful life sentence as real, as a way of life. If someone came to you and said you have x  years to live..would you spend it being so scared? Thats the reality of all this. Its so odd  to me. Is it really out of our control to enjoy life? I dont think so. I dont. I dont have the answer here but life is what we make it, thats for sure so i want to how to wake uo already and live and see the world and embrace its beauty. The mind is not an organ, its intangible, cant xray it or mri it so someone help me understand what world we have created and why. And more importantly why dont we wake up and see maybe this is a choice somehow. I dont know. I want to hear people thoughts on this. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You know what else. Haha. Im doing this on my own here lol. I always felt im an old soul but maybe all of us are filled with all this fear is because we are new souls. Vulnerable and scared. So everything seems so overwhelming. Its just an thought here. 
  • Posted

Your statement about fearing pain and death is something I've come to accept and realize when I deployed 3 years ago now. I was scared as hell but I knew I couldn't show that to my soldiers as I set the tone of our morale. But I was scared as hell of getting blown up or getting shot when I would leave the safety of the bases. I surprised myself though, yes I was scared but I accepted if I die, I die. I actually enjoyed the deployment because while the threat is always there, I didn't necessarily try to ignore it, there's just nothing I could do about it.

​There are still times in my life now that I will get caught up in my emotions but I'm not trying to fight it, yes, initially I get frustrated or sad or whatever, but it's life you know? Crap happens and when it does, you only hurt yourself and others by staying in the past because life waits for no one. We make do with what we have because that's all we can do. While we don't have control over what happens to us (mostly), we have all the control over what we do about it and possibly have a say in what happens next. It's not to say we can't regret certain things or get caught up because we all do, even the strongest of us, like break ups or a family death or maybe your career isn't going the way you want it or maybe your life dream can never be realized, there's absolutely nothing wrong with hating life at that moment or wishing you did things different, just don't let yourself get caught up and do nothing about it. Always make the effort to move on. Like you said, we have time limits, don't waste it unneccesarily.

• Posted

I totally resonate with you lisa as I class my self as a spiritual person and a spiritualist and we often talk about the soul and finding inner peace and like you i want to spend my last years being at peace with my self and being happy genuinely happy.I am so happy when I can help others but i cant help my self so now i have to try and change years of negative thoughts and feelings one thing I have never lost is my faith but this isnt what this forum is about. one thing that has always fasinated me is how peoples minds work because the mind is so powerful it can be distructive if we allow it and in some cases it has. it creates our thinking and i know with my self i definately have tendicies to overthink as will so many of us on this site
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing. This forum is about forms of anxiety and its toll. We all help each other. Our souls, minds are a part of this disorder just the same as our bodies. I think. I didnt write this about faith. I wrote this as a general discussion about taking another route to heal. It doesnt even seem that many can heal the symptoms of the body anyway. I wish. I wish to heal. There is more to this disorder then the body alone that im positive. I just want to connect the dots and heal. Only im not sure what the dots all are. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.