Has anyone’s eyes gone back to normal after stopping gabapentin

Posted , 11 users are following.

Eyes are doing my head in 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I will also add that mentally, I involuntarily zone out when someone is speaking to me and I can't control it. I also feel mentally slower and my memory has been the worst it's ever been. I am just giving it all time because this is a powerful drug and I know giving it time and utilizing coping skills and eating natural remedies and staying hydrated and doing all good things for the brain will help my body heal. In time, our bodies and mind will heal.

• Posted

hi Tyler,

I've been free of gabapentin since Nov17.It was hard to start with,but these past few weeks the side effects seem to have subsided.

Never just stop taking them.i cut down and down to the very last 300mg capsule,and for about 5 days I halved the contents before taking the nerve to stop.

I've had what I described as jelly legs,crawling skin, feeling bad etc,but I've persevered and now so far I'm OK.

I was originally on 2700mg daily. Dr wanted me to up the dose to 3600mg,but no way. I was also taking liquid morphine too at the time,but am off that too now. I must admit I did use the morphine although small quantities if my back was hurting.

If you can,put up with the withdrawal and push through.it was hard,but as I say I seem OK now.

I suffer from time to time from my discs moving in my back trapping the nerves... Very painful.ive had this since I was a child.Having said that,ill not be taking gabapentin again....no way the side effects seemed worse than the excruciating pain I was in.

Good luck,push through.there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards Vivienne

• Posted

Thank you Vivienne, your post gives me hope. I am at 1 month 11 days off gaba and am slowly feeling better, though have some symptoms still. Leaky eyes, blurred vision, balance issues, insomnia. Good to know that in time they’ll go away. This is a bad drug. I take 1/4 tsp magnesium powder in warm water, vitamin B12, multivitamin,epsom salt baths. Every day will get better. 
  • Posted

I have been on gabapentin for the past 4 months and have most of the side effect.  I wear contact and have 20/20 vision, however, no matter how much I zoom in for my laptop, nothing comes in clear.  My laptop has a workstation doc and  I have a very large screen to work off of, where I don't have any issues.  I am thinking about getting readers to help, but it's every day that I have vision issues.  Has anyone else purchased readers?  What strength?  And does it help?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.