Has anyone's vertigo caused a lack of sleep?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't know if it's anxiety or what it is but I don't sleep well anymore.

I'll fall asleep for a few hours then wake up. Like tonight I fell asleep by 10, woke by 1:30, was awake until 4:30 then fell asleep. I've must've woken up 20 times since then. It's like my body is startled awake and I feel lightheaded and that stupid high pitched ringing in my ears is so loud.

I did manage to sleep for a half hour but had 2 crazy dreams and one was about being at the doctors telling them I'm dizzy. Even in my sleep there's no escaping this ugh.

Anyone else have trouble sleeping?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This happens to me too! I kind of jolt awake & just don't feel right, fortunately not so often now. It's strange though, I always jolt awake then look at the clock & it's nearly always the same time each time it happens!

Sometimes when I wake up I can either feel nauseous, hot, ear ringing, shaky, dizzy & mostly dying for a pee, symptoms aren't the same every time. I always feel weird & Also all the muscles in my body seem to be tight & crampy as if I want to keep stretching them out, dn't know if anyone feels like that?

It can normally take me a couple of hours to get back to sleep & always feel exhausted the day after

• Posted

That ive never had but does sound like anxiety assuming you havent talked to a doctor yet. Scary. All I can say for sure is that when I had these symptoms the only thing that helped me was taking Sudafed PE and Robitussin or any just plain Gufassin syrup that you can find. I took it as directed every 4 hours getting up in the middle of the night just to take it and then in two weeks it was gone. I suffered with it for two and a half years so to have it be gone in a matter of weeks was awesome. The only other thing I did in addition to the Sudafed and Robitussin it was and nedi pot. Its weird at first to be dumping water in your nise. Haha... but the saline solution you dump it in and the entire sinus cavity gets eliminated of whatever makes you loopy. Just my story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.