Has anyone tried Constella (linaclotide)

Posted , 19 users are following.

This is a new drug to treat IBS constipation-predominant. It was due to be launched in the UK on 1 May 2013. Does anyone know if it is available yet?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have just taken constella 290 for first time within an hour I have had diahorrea and since about 10 times, I suffer severe ibs while it’s a relief to potentially clear blockage , this feels like it’s going to continue all night. I might try again, but it feels like laxative x1000 , it’s new here in Scotland but been advised if it continues you have to stop taking this. It is only first tablet , but am barely making it to the loo on time. Actually feels more potent than the horrid stuff they give you before s colonoscopy 
    • Posted

Hi.

Was just wondering John how you were getting on. Is constella still working for you. I have just started this bit work early in morning and struggle to eat first this. Is there any tips on the best way to take this.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Im on day five of no BM I have taken Constella for three days in a row before my main meal,as I work mornings! I have not haD any sign of a B M ! Five days ago I thought needed a b M  sat for ages on the Throne! Felt like I was pushing something very large but still felt I needed to go. On checking there were a few tiny raisin sized bits a, I don5 know what to do now ! I just feel bloated ! I also have Gastroparesis as well as IBS! ( Lacky white heather) ! 
  • Posted

I took this constella Three days in a row ! Been constipated for 5 days now ! No B M ! My G I doctor prescribed it ! I have Gastroparesis as well as IBS ! It’s a nightmare with food and Bowel habits! Don5 know what to do next ! Scared of Fecal impaction ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.