Has anyone tried vaginal dilators?

Posted , 7 users are following.

If so what has been your experience? Has it helped with the narrowing of the vaginal opening? Has it made sex easier? 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just love this forum, all of us ladies being so frank about it all, aren't we lucky :-)

• Posted

I agree! What makes this disease so hard is not being able to talk about it. I said to my husband “i tell my best friend everything.... but I can’t even talk to her about this. I can’t talk to her about my itchy cut up vjay.”  And even to him I try to minimize the details... he’s so loving and supportive but I want our sex life back, not the shadow of f*****g LS hanging over our bed. 

I cried for days feeling so alone. 

It is a godsend just to know there are other people out there. 

• Posted

I don't hold back with my husband.  You have to tell someone close to you.  And so if I've got 'paper cuts' in the crack of my butt, sores in my vagina and my clitoris is sore and hurts like Hell then I will tell him.  I also think we should get past worrying about what our friends will think.  I think that is why people have never heard of LS because no one wants to talk about it.

• Posted

Hya Huns I’ve never purchased or used a dilator. So after some advice - what size do I need to buy and is there dilators in different sizes. I’ve been diagnosed with LS this month. But haven’t had sex for a while so not sure if I’ve got a wide opening or not sorry to sound so open! 

Also what would you wash the dilator with ? And when using it what can I use it with ? 

Lastly are they noisy machines the dilator? Like a shaver or are they all silent ? 

Thanks so much x 

• Posted

Hi, they are sold in a pack of three different sizes which you screw onto a main smaller dilator and from there you start off with the smallest and work your way up to the biggest.  They are pink plastic and there is no battery with them (I'm not allowed to post a link) they are from Amazon.  You will need to do it regularly.  I didn't as I was preoccupied with another illness at the time and now I cant have sex and so this is really important.

• Posted

Thank you hun. I’ve just had a look on amazon and seen them. Not battery operated oh ok, all new to me, il read the info on it. I don’t know if it would work for me too as it’s been so long since I’ve had any activity in that department. Thanks for all your help hun x 
  • Posted

Hi Elle,

​I have used dilators for a couple of years now and can honestly say that it has helped me.  Provided you do it regularly.  At present it is enough to do it twice a week, but earlier on it had to be done more frequently.  

​As lubricant I use coconut oil.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.