Has anyone used BLACK COHOSH for Menopause? If so,has it helped?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Would like to know if it has helped.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Really? Idk it didn't do anything for me at all. I got to skip the periodic bleeding (if you'll excuse the pun. I couldn't help myself. Lol) But, the mood swings, night sweats, daytime sweats.. u know.. when everyone else is cool or comfortable and I'm the only one sweating my buns off. Or take things to a whole new level when I wouldn't have b4. Those things hit me like a Mack truck. I just had to get through each day. I was busy being an employee and a mom, n wondering how, in God's name I was gonna make the bills each month. Too busy to pay attention to it till later. My kids and I were discussing menopause one day, and my eldest braved telling me I was having mood swings. Brave gitl!! Lol
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing lol! And yes it does take a certain amount of bravery for someone to mention mood swings as you do indeed become oversensitive to everything, when your hormones are on the rampage. Lol! I have always suffered with bad PMT,so I didn't expect this to be a walk in the park regarding moods. The occasional nausea and day sweats are overwhelming though....phew!!!
  • Posted

It's been about 11 (eleven) years now and the symptoms seem to be at a minimum, finally!!
    • Posted

Bless you! That's a long time to suffer with Menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.