Has anything changed for the better since you've entered FibroClub?

Posted , 3 users are following.

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”

Mary Oliver

2 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wish I could reply to the affirmative but the answer has to be no. ThIs answer is probably all to do with timing; after three days and nights of sleepiness and screaming pain, I find it hard to be objective. Sorry! 

Love the concept of a box of darkness.

• Posted

Yes, for me personally, once I was diagnosed with Fibro in Aug 2014 after over 20yrs of not knowing, it made me understand the pains. Chatting with people on this forum has certainly been a POSITIVE one and hope each day gets easier for us all. 

I started with CBT and that has put me in a more focused mind in dealing with my day to day activities and able to say NO to people.

All have an enjoyable weekend and take in the natural vit D from the sun. wink xx

• Posted

Morning Bee I thought 10 years waiting for a diagnoses was bad enough but 20 blimey.Ive found since joining this forum its helped me alot. Im trying to be more positive, we cant alter how we are, because as yet their isnt a cure for fibro, but we can do all we can to find ways of making things a bit more bearable for us. Imtrying to focus on other things and not on the fibro. I always think their is some 1 worse off than you. I watched a programme on tele where a lady was fighting cancer this ladys attitude made me sit up think. weve  got no choice but to just get on with it the best we can, until hopefully 1 day a cure will be found heres hopeing on that 1.also on here we have each other, which is a blessing something Im grateful for. as their have been days when Ive wanted to give up. but my husband and you ladies are what keep me going. Last night I actually got some sleep yipppeeeeesmile Im not in to much pain today which is an added bonus. how are you today the sun is shinning in shropshire. take care gentle hugs 
    • Posted

Morning Kaz

Yes, staying foused on the positives are the way forward.

Had similar sleep to the pass few nights. Pains are under control.

Off to Wolverhampton for the BBQ.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the weather. wink x

• Posted

Hi Bee Hope the weather kkeps fine for BBQ, its sunny in shropshire, have a great time and a lovely weekend take care gentle hugssmile
    • Posted

I have sun allergy  sad ! I''l have the drops instead biggrin
    • Posted

Do you see how much sleep and pain are correlated?
    • Posted

Sayind "no" to people is quite an amazing therapy, isn't it?
    • Posted

Hi Teressa thats interesting I didnt know that, last night is the first night in a very long time that I actually slept all night and woke at 6 this morningsmile what a good feeling that was. 
    • Posted

I have had to learn to say no to people,Im not able to help people as much as I once did. for the very 1st time in my life, Im putting me 1st for a change. smile
    • Posted

Hi Bee hope the BQ went well you had a nice time so glad the weather kept nice for you hope you have a safe journey back home take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, BBQ was great, had so much fun. Still in Wolverhampton, leaving in a couple of hours, visiting my husband's brother and his family. Weather has been ok.

Hope you have had a good weekend too. wink x

• Posted

It sure is..... I use it more now wink x
    • Posted

Hi Bee ahh so pleased you had such a great time, its nice to catch up with your family and your husbands family.we went to garde ncentre yesterday got some plants so hubby was buisy in garden yesterday hehe today I nipped to able world to get me a few bits. Im just on forum replying to you lovely ladies. you take care hope you have a safe jo​urney home smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.